Get Offers working?

Get Offers working?

Postby pdandy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:58 pm

I'm dangling KAT for offers and cannot get any type of offer from any team.

Same for James Wiseman.

Wondering if this function is working as expected.
pdandy

Re: Get Offers working?

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:56 pm

The code is working, I went through and checked - if you are seeing "no offer at this time" it means the team has potential interest but cannot come up with an offer that is both a) cap legal and b) reasonable. If you see "not interested" then they don't want the player.

I felt it was better to just not provide an offer as opposed to making some stupid lowball offer you wouldn't take anyway. To be honest its going to be hard to come up with a fair value trade the AI could offer for KAT. He's 25, a 5 star player and his contract certainly isn't that bad when you compare it to some of the other big ones in the league. I did a save where I had GST draft Wiseman and the AI will not take Wiseman, Draymond and two 1sts for KAT and I think that's the right move for the AI. In fact I am not sure if it would be possible to put together a trade for him unless his attitude has gone south with the team. When you look at his ratings, age and contract (regardless of what you think of him IRL - the game only knows ratings, age, contract) why on earth would you trade him?

Now that's not to say you can't. I would think if you flipped the deal and were controlling MIN you could on your own offer KAT to GST for Draymond, the lotto pick and future picks and I would think the AI would accept - it just wont offer you a lowball offer.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess