Historical teams

Historical teams

Postby messman » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:56 pm

First time user of Draft Day Pro BB. I absolutely love the matchup maker and the ability to play
the historical teams. A couple of questions:

1- Why did Gary and the guys stop at 1976? Is it the advent of 3pt shot? I would love
to play some of the 60's Celtics and Bucks and Laker teams of early 70's.

2- Is there anyway to get the logos into those historical teams?

Loving the game so far! I can hardly stand to watch the NBA on tv, but I enjoy playing this
game.
messman

Re: Historical teams

Postby ripkobe » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:59 pm

You can download the logos yourself (go for transparent .png's) and sub them into seasons, though I'm not sure about match-ups.
ripkobe

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:06 pm

messman wrote:First time user of Draft Day Pro BB. I absolutely love the matchup maker and the ability to play
the historical teams. A couple of questions:

1- Why did Gary and the guys stop at 1976? Is it the advent of 3pt shot? I would love
to play some of the 60's Celtics and Bucks and Laker teams of early 70's.

2- Is there anyway to get the logos into those historical teams?

Loving the game so far! I can hardly stand to watch the NBA on tv, but I enjoy playing this
game.

On number two, assuming you mean having different logos for potentially each year because the team logo changed over time, you can't really do it with a mod because no way to track by year. But you can do it manually. After you create the league for a historical year, you can go into the team information screen for each team and change the logo. Of course you'll have to create your own logo image file and place it in the \Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2021\app\disk\graphics\logos folder.

With my mod I do have logos in it for use with the historical seasons, but because of the limitation (can't have year by year), they all are modern.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:14 am

The history begins at 1976 because that is when the merger took place and really became the start of the modern day NBA
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby BradS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:04 pm

Yeah would love to play early 70s and 60s and also have the option to play the old ABA too. Imagine that will require modding. But the better Gary's game gets, like it's current state, these options would really expand variety or choices and ramp up excitement giving you something close to ootp caliber game. Please consider for next year.
BradS

Postby scmurph01 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:39 pm

ripkobe wrote:You can download the logos yourself (go for transparent .png's) and sub them into seasons, though I'm not sure about match-ups.

Is there a specific size that the game needs for logos?
scmurph01

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:03 pm

scmurph01 wrote:
ripkobe wrote:You can download the logos yourself (go for transparent .png's) and sub them into seasons, though I'm not sure about match-ups.

Is there a specific size that the game needs for logos?

If your talking about team logos, 300x300. Other types of graphics use different sizes.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess