Defender Player Type

Defender Player Type

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Would it be better to make the defense ability rating have more weight in this tag and less stealing?

I think with defensive ability being way more important than stealing, it would make those 3 & D guys much more of a hot commodity in the game. As of know, we have players like James Harden listed with this tag (although his defensive ability rating might be too high) while my 7 defensive ability 4 stealing player isn’t listed with the defender tag even though his defensive stop rating is 90% and leads my team. He’s currently THE definition of a 3 & D guy shooting 40% from 3pt and already have sharpshooter player type.

Thoughts?
SirMichaelJordan

Re: Defender Player Type

Postby Rizzo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:19 pm

I know it is just a cosmetic addition to quickly see what a player really excels at, but I think there should be a range of defense+steal+block ratings (with the 3 ratings being weighted differently) to earn the defender tag. Again, I know it’s cosmetic and wouldn’t expect any world breaking algorithm to be used but some variation to earn the tag would be cool.
Rizzo

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:16 pm

Rizzo wrote:I know it is just a cosmetic addition to quickly see what a player really excels at, but I think there should be a range of defense+steal+block ratings (with the 3 ratings being weighted differently) to earn the defender tag. Again, I know it’s cosmetic and wouldn’t expect any world breaking algorithm to be used but some variation to earn the tag would be cool.

It seem like it does but I feel like the steal rating is weighted too much. We all know steals don’t equate to great defense.

I feel like the change would make it easier to find those 3&D guys without having to sort by the ratings.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:11 am

The defender tag can be applied regardless of the player's steal rating ability - a 7 rating is not a high enough rating to earn the tag
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess