Question about knowing when updates hit/how to get them

Question about knowing when updates hit/how to get them

Postby frogman210 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:59 pm

When there is a new update to this game do I need to go back to the download page I got in the email when I bought the game and then redownload and reactivate with my key I got when i Purchased it or is there an easier way? Also was this coming to steam? I also was wondering if the pro football 21 was coming to steam as well (I know this is the wrong forum but if it's an easy yes or no it might be ok to ask here along with my other basketball question) Thanks! Also great job I am thoroughly enjoying both titles as well as the NCAA ones I got recently.
thanks! Looking forward to the future updates with this title greatly!
frogman210

Re: Question about knowing when updates hit/how to get them

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:02 am

look at post at top of forum.

viewtopic.php?f=327&t=32755

depending on the update, you either just run a small update file or in some cases may need to download a full install file from your original purchase. there is no need to reactivate as that is tied to your computer. it is coming to steam and in fact if you purchase early access, you’ll also get a free steam key besides the direct download when the steam version is available.

as for football, the steam version is already available.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby drummerJ99 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:08 am

frogman210 wrote:When there is a new update to this game do I need to go back to the download page I got in the email when I bought the game and then redownload and reactivate with my key I got when i Purchased it or is there an easier way? Also was this coming to steam? I also was wondering if the pro football 21 was coming to steam as well (I know this is the wrong forum but if it's an easy yes or no it might be ok to ask here along with my other basketball question) Thanks! Also great job I am thoroughly enjoying both titles as well as the NCAA ones I got recently.
thanks! Looking forward to the future updates with this title greatly!

According to their First Access email on PB21, It will be available on Steam. Also according to that email "You'll also get a complimentary Steam key with every pre-order"

So if you use the Steam Key, Steam will automatically download all updates like it does for normal games. Which is main reason why I use Steam. So much easier for updates.

But all the above only applies once the game is fully released.For any updates during First Access you will have to check out the thread Sly posted.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby frogman210 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:31 pm

Thank you! Sorry for the confused and sporadic posts the last few days was a bit confused about how this forum was organized, but I am more understanding it now. Thank you to everyone who has helped me figure it all out I appreciate it!
frogman210

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess