Player editor/creator, AI problem

Player editor/creator, AI problem

Postby Tompoller » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:22 pm

First of all sorry if i have any misspellings or something is wrong i'm not an english native speaker.

I've discovered this like two weeks ago and i don't know if someone has reported this bug yet. I've found 2 problems with the AI and the player creator/editor.

When editing a rookie: I like to create myself and friends in the game and see how the carrers go and i discovered that the AI dosen't seem to take in mind the changes you make. If you edit a second round guy and max out his atribbutes he will be pick in first round first place 99% of the times but when the season starts they get relegated to D-League or they get no playing time, it's like if the AI still sees them like second round guys.

Creating a player: They dont apear in the FA and dont get any contract offers, no matter the cap space, the potential, age... I've tried it whit 20 players and only 1 got a contract (was a 4/5) and was in the second season.
Tompoller

Re: Player editor/creator, AI problem

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Welcome Tompoller and no worries on the English - you did just fine!

I will investigate what you have said about rookies

On the second area when are you creating the players? I just created one during the season and he appeared and was signed by a team. If you are creating them after the draft in the summer prior to free agency they will not show up in the FA pool because the game at that point has created an internal free agent pool to work with in order to use the players who are free agents as well as the ones who may be restricted free agents or bird rights free agents etc.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Tompoller » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:27 pm

Maybe i'm missing something but, i just created a player in the season and still doesn't appear, i'm playing with the real life mod maybe it's the problem? (I'ved simulated some days and still nothing)
Tompoller

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:24 pm

Tompoller wrote:Maybe i'm missing something but, i just created a player in the season and still doesn't appear, i'm playing with the real life mod maybe it's the problem? (I'ved simulated some days and still nothing)

if your referring to my mod, don’t think that be the case. my mod changes nothing about players, simply provides real team names and various graphics.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Tompoller » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Hi, i'm on season and just created this random, i put everything 90 just to see him easily because i assume it's gonna be a 5/5, does not appear in the FA, it's anything wrong?

https://ibb.co/bLNzTLt
https://ibb.co/nmXHYQH
Tompoller

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:21 pm

I think the issue is that you are creating a non US player - I think he will appear in the next round of summer free agency but the game used to have the option to run a European league system as well so if you create non-US free agents during the season its going to assume that they're free agents overseas.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess