Trade Confirmation

Trade Confirmation

Postby BaughBerry » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:02 pm

It would be nice if when you're making a trade you can see the other teams reaction without making the trade go through immediately. Otherwise, you could make a trade that you didn't want to make but were just offering to gauge their level of interest. Just something like, "this trade looks good to us. Confirm?"
BaughBerry

Re: Trade Confirmation

Postby Aton837 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm

So the partner teams reaction to when you offer something in a trade. Like for example: "We can agree on this" or "What, are you crazy!?" or "This trade is close but not a done deal"?
Aton837

Postby BaughBerry » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Right, being able to see that without having to make the trade, or having a confirmation button after you hit Offer Trade.
BaughBerry

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:18 pm

+1
Chris

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:40 pm

Well you can sort of gauge their interest by the advantage meter - if its saying the trade is to their advantage they are likely going to be interested. I feel like if I had to add a confirm step that one, its adding an extra click for people to make a trade and two, I would feel like there would have to be some kind of penalty for not confirming. You're essentially asking the other team if they will make a trade and then they accept and you say, "nah, I was just asking if you would do it"? I also think that might make trading just a little too precise in your favor as well as you could then see how much more you could add to the trade before the AI declined it and then pull whatever put it over the top out to maximize the trade for yourself.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby BaughBerry » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:18 pm

What if I'm trying to gauge how much it would take to get a player before I've made the decision to get him or not?

For example; I offer a pick and a player for the other teams player. They say they need more value. The advantage meter leans towards them. I have no idea how much MORE value they want, and so I'd like to know how much it would take to get their player, and then decide if it's worth it or if I'm better off going after a cheaper target.

I'd be ok with an extra click if it means I know for SURE that the trade will go through when I click, instead of shooting from the hip. Sure, I could use that get the player for the least amount possible, but given that the AI can't make counter offers yet, I think it would help it feel more like a negotiation.
BaughBerry

Postby C-Bailey24 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:45 pm

BaughBerry wrote:What if I'm trying to gauge how much it would take to get a player before I've made the decision to get him or not?

For example; I offer a pick and a player for the other teams player. They say they need more value. The advantage meter leans towards them. I have no idea how much MORE value they want, and so I'd like to know how much it would take to get their player, and then decide if it's worth it or if I'm better off going after a cheaper target.

I'd be ok with an extra click if it means I know for SURE that the trade will go through when I click, instead of shooting from the hip. Sure, I could use that get the player for the least amount possible, but given that the AI can't make counter offers yet, I think it would help it feel more like a negotiation.

+1
C-Bailey24

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess