Pro Basketball 2021: Realworld Mod

Pro Basketball 2021: Realworld Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:13 am

Hello, the following is a Realworld mod that contains a number of updates to represent realworld information for the pro basketball '21 game. Feel free to download and use if you like.

If you notice any issues while using the mod, please post here for consideration.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file(s) as each software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file(s) get posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file(s) and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

What's Included

NBA

- League Logo (this will overwrite the game's default league logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- Eastern Conference Logo (this will overwrite the game's default logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- Western Conference Logo (this will overwrite the game's default logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- (30) Team Names, Arena Names, Arena capacity, Arena Date, Owner Names, Logos
- Jerseys for displaying on main game screens when not using real photos (not used for home/away/alternate Jerseys during 2D games)

Note: Information for NBA teams will be the same, regardless of the league year being used. This means names, logos, arena info, owner info, etc. will always be based on modern NBA versus what it was for a specific year. To the best of my knowledge, the game does not have a way to mod differently per league year.

NBA G League (Development)

- League Logo (this will overwrite the game's default league logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- (28) Team Names, Arena Names, Arena capacity, Arena Date, Owner Names, Logos, Changed Some NBA Team Affiliations

Note: In real life there are currently only (28) G-League teams but the game requires (30) teams so that (1) can be assigned to each NBA team. Therefore there are (2) default teams that are left "as is" without changes

College

- (333) School Names, Nicknames, Logos

What's Not Included

- No Courts, Home/Away/Alternate Jerseys (2D games), and Player Photos (if you are looking for these items, totally recommend using the pack provided by Chris (GM Games) which is located at viewtopic.php?f=328&t=32731)
- No real player rosters (the base game already includes these)

How to Install Non-Steam Version

1) Make sure the Pro Basketball 2021 Game is installed.

2) Download the Realworld mod (DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam.zip) from https://mega.nz/file/zNx0SaKQ#g90CJlsDk ... lsplR0oOs8

3) Extract the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam.zip file to a temp folder like c:\temp

4) Run the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam.exe file (if your security programs block it, you'll need to make sure to add an exception to allow its installation)

5) In the destination folder box, you must put the path where you installed the game. By default it uses "C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2021", but you can change to any path where you installed the game.

6) Create a new league within the game (will not update any existing leagues--besides graphics). When creating a new league you must UNCHECK the "Randomize Owner Characteristics" checkbox on the League Settings screen, otherwise you won't get real owner names.

How to Install Steam Version

1) Make sure the Pro Basketball 2021 Game is installed.

2) Download the Realworld mod (DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam.zip) from https://mega.nz/file/Tcwm3AKZ#21GbQQ9KS ... 6cApJiBMWw

3) Extract the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam.zip file to a temp folder like c:\temp

4) Run the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam.exe file (if your security programs block it, you'll need to make sure to add an exception to allow its installation)

5) In the destination folder box, you must put the path where you installed the game. By default it uses "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2021", but you can change to any path where you installed the game.

6) Create a new league within the game (will not update any existing leagues--besides graphics). When creating a new league you must UNCHECK the "Randomize Owner Characteristics" checkbox on the League Settings screen, otherwise you won't get real owner names.

If you follow those steps, you should be good to go. If any problems, feel free to post here and will do my best to help.

Note: If you ever reinstall the game and/or install a game patch that replaces a number of the data files, you'll need to reinstall this mod in order to work again. Typically when game patches are released, I'll release an updated version of the mod to stay in synch.

Why Do I update the Mod After Each Full/Patch Release
Within the mod there are two databases included...the default database and the historical database. The way modding works requires updating those databases so that is why included in my mod. Typically I would prefer not to include those types of core game things, but no way around it for modding certain things (i.e. team names, gm names, arena info, etc.)

Every time there is a patch release, there is a "potential" the developer made changes to those databases for other reasons (i.e. bug fixes, updated coaches/players, etc.) although doesn't happen with each patch and probably is infrequent. Instead of taking a chance that people playing with my mod would have outdated database files, I recreate my mod each time using the latest databases regardless if they changed.

People don't have to update the mod each time but they do run the risk of playing their game with outdated files which "may" have an impact on other things.
Last edited by slybelle1 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:50 am, edited 19 times in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: Pro Basketball 2021: Realworld Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:51 am

Hello, the first post has been updated with a new link that points to an updated version of the realworld mod. A new update was released for the basketball game that included recent coaching changes so my mod required an update. Just download again and run the installer, after you install the new game update. As previously stated, I suspect my mod to be updated throughout first access so I recommend occasionally checking in to ensure you have the latest.

If you have any questions or issues, let me know.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:08 pm

Mod updated after game update 10.0.2 was released. Don't believe anything majorly different, just keeping them in-synch.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:38 am

Updated the mod to now work with all league structures, regardless of number of teams in the league. Previously, it was restricted to only work with 30 team leagues. This won't work with historical seasons.

However, no matter how many teams are in the league and the actual year used, the same mod information will be used based on modern day. Meaning...logos, names, arena info, owner info, etc. will always be what is current in the NBA, not how it was for any specific year in the past. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to mod this information based on year.

To get the latest version, simply re-download and install the mod again.....then start a new league.
Last edited by slybelle1 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 am

Mod updated after game update 10.0.3 was released. Don't believe anything majorly different, just keeping them in-synch.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:41 am

Mod updated again....included updated historical database that allows the NBA team information to be used for historical leagues as well.

However, no matter how many teams are in the league and the actual year used, the same mod information will be used based on modern day. Meaning...logos, names, arena info, owner info, etc. will always be what is current in the NBA, not how it was for any specific year in the past. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to mod this information based on year.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby ripkobe » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Thanks for even thinking that far ahead Sly! :)

And for anyone who is interested in setting up the Supersonics (or Kansas City, Buffalo, etc) you can usually find the logos needed just googling .png's. All arena info is online too.

Hope everyone's having a blast with the latest version! If you're on the fence about buying, definitely recommend, it's one of the best upgrades since '17.
ripkobe

Postby frogman210 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:14 pm

Does this include NBA players as well? considering picking this up but would REALLY like to play with real nba players and stuff to do I need to customly create each player in the league or does this mod have thesE? I see some videos of franchises with people playing with NBA players is this mod the way to do this? Thanks!
frogman210

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:04 am

frogman210 wrote:Does this include NBA players as well? considering picking this up but would REALLY like to play with real nba players and stuff to do I need to customly create each player in the league or does this mod have thesE? I see some videos of franchises with people playing with NBA players is this mod the way to do this? Thanks!

The first post describes what comes with the mod and any kind of players isn't included.

However, the reason not included in the mod is the base game itself already includes the real players from the latest season, plus a bunch of historical seasons. Therefore, you will have the real players to use without needed a mod.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby markprior22 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Hey Sly..having an issue getting this to work. I installed it previously and it worked fine. I thought when I started a new game (after installing the mod originally) the RW logos, courts, etc would already be there but logos and correct team names did not load automatically. So I dl the mod file again and extracted to the DDPB21 folder. The logo files are shown with names like this...RW_NBA_Golden_State_Warriors. How do I get these into the game along with the correct team names. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is.
markprior22

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 Mods