Mods on steam

Re: Mods on steam

Postby cdcool » Sat May 08, 2021 8:57 am

slybelle1 wrote:I am not sure why it’s hard to understand that not everyone has the same gameplay desires as yours. I prefer playing with rosters based on start of the season and enjoy the fact that player movement is based on my basketball universe, not how real life transactions played out. I like my story to play out based on what moves my team makes along with the computer mangers.

I respect you want something different, but I have no desire to use updated rosters, nor do I track if others in the community have them.

That's expecting something different, that's expecting something that most would with sports sims.
Your mod helps that game 100%, having no updated rosters is killing it. The NBA season ain't over yet.
cdcool

Postby PointGuard » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Like Sly, I'm not concerned about continuously updated rosters. The great thing about the DDS games is that they can be adaptable to so many different and diverse ways of playing them.

So....your case has been made and I can understand how some would want that. Now I guess it's up to Gary or a modder with interests to yours to consider.

Stay tuned and be positive. :)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sat May 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Well....ask and ye shall receive: viewtopic.php?f=328&t=34064

:cool:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby cdcool » Sat May 08, 2021 4:38 pm

PointGuard wrote:Like Sly, I'm not concerned about continuously updated rosters. The great thing about the DDS games is that they can be adaptable to so many different and diverse ways of playing them.

So....your case has been made and I can understand how some would want that. Now I guess it's up to Gary or a modder with interests to yours to consider.

Stay tuned and be positive. :)

Not continuously but at least some effort in keeping them up to date.
It's also a selling point that you could use when having sales and getting more people to buy the game.

Thanks
cdcool

Postby PointGuard » Sat May 08, 2021 7:51 pm

[quote="cdcool"Not continuously but at least some effort in keeping them up to date.
It's also a selling point that you could use when having sales and getting more people to buy the game.

Thanks[/quote]

I'm just a game player like you. Since Gary doesn't have employees to do the updating of rosters, I personally prefer he spends his time on developing and improving other aspects of the games and let modders handle roster updates, but certainly it's totally up to him to decide it this is something he wants to take on.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby kicknbuckets » Mon May 10, 2021 3:19 am

Not quite so simple as subscribing to the file in Steam workshop, but there's been a discussion about this very same thing in another post on the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=328&t=34064

There's been some basic discussion on how the rosters are created, what software is needed to it etc. (all free, thankfully), and even a file you can download (with instructions on where to place it) if you'd rather just grab someone else's update and not have to do it yourself.

Hope this helps.
kicknbuckets

Postby WantedKingX » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:33 pm

Thanks!
WantedKingX

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 Mods