Mods on steam

Mods on steam

Postby CRonaldoxxx » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:46 am

Hi,
i just bought a game and i am trying to download all necessary mods for the game. Do you know why they are not in the steam workshop?
CRonaldoxxx

Re: Mods on steam

Postby pianoman2209 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:17 pm

I'm with you bro.....crickets....been trying to get that questioned answered for months among other questions. Wish I could help you!
pianoman2209

Postby Chris » Tue May 04, 2021 12:33 pm

pianoman2209 wrote:I'm with you bro.....crickets....been trying to get that questioned answered for months among other questions. Wish I could help you!

mods are not sanctioned by the game maker , community work is people's own doing and therefore you need to find it on your own

Why would they put the risk of having real nfl logos and player pics as official files on their steam?
Chris

Postby pianoman2209 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:57 pm

I'm not sure Chris. I guess some of your customers such as CRonaldoxxx and myself what constitutes as a mod vs a path vs an update....etc. Also with all the different sport sim games, sometimes it's hard to keep track which games have an official players license and yours which does not. It's all good. I for one purchased your game and clearly by my posts just today, I am looking for help just like the user above. I know you probably don't have a way of refunding money back to customers, so I personally am just trying to get some simple answers answered. Telling your customer they made a post on a wrong thread is good to know I guess, but perhaps you could go that extra mile and help. If not, no worries you are not liable. This is not like playing NBA2k and personally I am not as proficient on a pc as I am on a mac. I love the idea of your game and I'm sure it's fantastic. I just would just really like to have some questions answered or get a refund Sir.
pianoman2209

Postby slybelle1 » Tue May 04, 2021 2:07 pm

pianoman2209 wrote:I'm not sure Chris. I guess some of your customers such as CRonaldoxxx and myself what constitutes as a mod vs a path vs an update....etc. Also with all the different sport sim games, sometimes it's hard to keep track which games have an official players license and yours which does not. It's all good. I for one purchased your game and clearly by my posts just today, I am looking for help just like the user above. I know you probably don't have a way of refunding money back to customers, so I personally am just trying to get some simple answers answered. Telling your customer they made a post on a wrong thread is good to know I guess, but perhaps you could go that extra mile and help. If not, no worries you are not liable. This is not like playing NBA2k and personally I am not as proficient on a pc as I am on a mac. I love the idea of your game and I'm sure it's fantastic. I just would just really like to have some questions answered or get a refund Sir.

Just to be clear, Chris nor I are part of the company who developed this game, we are simply people who made community mods for it.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Chris » Tue May 04, 2021 2:17 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
pianoman2209 wrote:I'm not sure Chris. I guess some of your customers such as CRonaldoxxx and myself what constitutes as a mod vs a path vs an update....etc. Also with all the different sport sim games, sometimes it's hard to keep track which games have an official players license and yours which does not. It's all good. I for one purchased your game and clearly by my posts just today, I am looking for help just like the user above. I know you probably don't have a way of refunding money back to customers, so I personally am just trying to get some simple answers answered. Telling your customer they made a post on a wrong thread is good to know I guess, but perhaps you could go that extra mile and help. If not, no worries you are not liable. This is not like playing NBA2k and personally I am not as proficient on a pc as I am on a mac. I love the idea of your game and I'm sure it's fantastic. I just would just really like to have some questions answered or get a refund Sir.

Just to be clear, Chris nor I are part of the company who developed this game, we are simply people who made community mods for it.

Yeah exactly. I like the games. Without us, there might not even have logos or player photos at all. We (the people who play the games) are community driven, that's the whole point. The game maker doesn't have the budget of a AAA gaming company to buy the rights and automate your real life replication right to your computer.
Chris

Postby pianoman2209 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:26 pm

Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate that. So just to be clear, neither of you have any idea if anyone has made a mod with up to date or semi up to date 2021 rosters? I did not realize that and it sounds like you certainty do a lot of work to make the game more enjoyable and obviously very charitable. I obviously could be way off and 100% and sware to the high heavens I mean no disrespect with any of my posts. I am just having a hard time understanding how people as dedicated as you guys are and other in this community, who take the time to create and upload amazing things like player photos, logos, uniforms....etc. are literally playing this game with the rosters from opening day. When you play against Houston, James Harden is their guard? When you play against the Pacers on 5/4 Oladipo is starting at SG? When you play as or against the Knicks, Derrick Rose is not on the roster? If not then I'll obviously drop it and move on. I bought this game to play with my son who is going through a difficult time. I am not PC gaming savvy and just would really appreciate knowing if anyone you know of in this community has made updated roster edits and if so I would apprecaite you kindly letting me know how to import them into the game. Not sure if this matters but I bought the game on Steam. Thank you in advance. Dr. Scott
pianoman2209

Postby slybelle1 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:54 pm

I am not sure why it’s hard to understand that not everyone has the same gameplay desires as yours. I prefer playing with rosters based on start of the season and enjoy the fact that player movement is based on my basketball universe, not how real life transactions played out. I like my story to play out based on what moves my team makes along with the computer mangers.

I respect you want something different, but I have no desire to use updated rosters, nor do I track if others in the community have them.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby pianoman2209 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:28 am

I'll keep this short as to not trigger you anymore.

-I have zero judgment or care how YOU personally play this game and your lack of desire to update rosters. However, since I have found multiple posts here and on the web with many NBA fans inquiring about the exact same thing I am, I think (irrespective of your personal gameplay habits), you are coming off as if I and others are asking for something so obscure! Most sports games I have played in 40 years that come out with new versions each year and label them by year, update their rosters. It's not like I said, "Hey do you know how to turn this game into Halo with some easy coding." Since the pandemic, I have been playing a lot of sports sims similar to to this basketball game (THAT DOES HAVE NBA PLAYERS) and it's the only one that a user or programmer has not put out there how to do that. I guess since you are the only one who responds, you are a major player in this small community this wrongfully has turned into a back and forth. So lets just respectfully stop. If you care more about uploading a logo more than players being on their correct teams, totally fine. I just think it's an incredible reasonable question that fans of this game have. I think it's a major flaw and you don't so we move on. Again, you didn't make this game. You seem to be taking this very personally when we are talking about preference. Again, you didn't create this game and are not a video game programmer so you don't even need to reply. I figured even if you don't care about updating rosters you may know how I could do it. You do not so conversation is over. If there is anyone else who knows of a mod that they or someone else created I would appreciate you letting me know. Lastly, as someone very involved in this game, obviously a passion of yours.....you could have perhaps just said "I have never seen anyone create a mod with updated rosters. If I come across one I will let you know. Also since there are multiple people who have inquired about this, I can let the owners know. Thanks for being a part of the community and welcome."
pianoman2209

Postby cdcool » Sat May 08, 2021 8:54 am

Having updated rosters is a selling point for most if not all sports games, having no roster support from the Developer or an outside source is a big negative.
Start playing a game with rosters that are not updated stinks and I'm not talking 100% but at least close to what the NBA has as of today.
Derek Rose and Harden are two examples, I just bought the game today. I would think most would assume that the rosters would have been updated and that's not a stretch for sports sims.
cdcool

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 Mods