Questions

Questions

Postby Ezstepper » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:12 pm

First, I would like to say that I really enjoy Wolverine's family of titles and have been a customer for more than 5years. Probably closer to 10. It's been awesome a neat process to witness how your games have evolved and gotten better over the years. I wanted to express my appreciation for the company because I don't want my question/s to appear as criticism.

1. If you start with a fictional league in the year 1975. Will I be able use the historical NBA draft classes from years 75-20 within the fictional league?

Linking leagues (The feature that I'm most interested in trying)

2. Will this version of Pro basketball be able to link to either, 20 or 21 versions of college?

3. As stated above, I am so excited for this feature. My understanding is that even though they can be linked, they work independent from one another. My question is, are there future plans to have one basketball world where both leagues work simultaneously? I realize this would take one game (potential revenue off the market) but I would gladly pay extra for a game that has both leagues working in sync with each other. The idea of being able to start out as an NCAA coach and work your way up to the NBA or the opposite and be able to watch and participate in both would be a dream come true.

Thanks for any input. I'm looking forward to diving into this version.
Ezstepper

Re: Questions

Postby Aton837 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:51 pm

1. I don't think there is a roster that the game makes for you. You might have to look for a mod (idk)

2. it will work for CB20 and CB21

3. I don't think he plans to do that atm. Maybe in the future but i'm not sure about this year or next year atm.
Aton837

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Ezstepper wrote:First, I would like to say that I really enjoy Wolverine's family of titles and have been a customer for more than 5years. Probably closer to 10. It's been awesome a neat process to witness how your games have evolved and gotten better over the years. I wanted to express my appreciation for the company because I don't want my question/s to appear as criticism.

First we will never take questions as criticisms - we welcome questions, suggestions, feedback and constructive criticism. It's exactly how the games evolve!

1. If you start with a fictional league in the year 1975. Will I be able use the historical NBA draft classes from years 75-20 within the fictional league?

No, if you start a fictional league it will remain fictional. The only way to reproduce the draft classes is to play the historical option

Linking leagues (The feature that I'm most interested in trying)

2. Will this version of Pro basketball be able to link to either, 20 or 21 versions of college?

3. As stated above, I am so excited for this feature. My understanding is that even though they can be linked, they work independent from one another. My question is, are there future plans to have one basketball world where both leagues work simultaneously? I realize this would take one game (potential revenue off the market) but I would gladly pay extra for a game that has both leagues working in sync with each other. The idea of being able to start out as an NCAA coach and work your way up to the NBA or the opposite and be able to watch and participate in both would be a dream come true.

Yes, it works with CB20 right now and of course will work with CB21.

I've given some thought to the other idea but I am not sure that it is practical. I would have to do quite a bit of work to be able to meld the two games together in one program and I don't know that business wise its something we want to explore because it would add one product with a much higher price point and possibly be confusing for people looking to purchase the games. I think what might be more realistic is some kind of mode that lets you do what you're talking about and move from one game to the other while maintaining your history etc.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Ezstepper » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:43 am

Thanks for the quick reply to both of you.

I understand completely about the league link situation and the "Mode" you mentioned would do the trick and be an awesome addition to both games and their communities.

The question about historical draft classes in fictional leagues. Is there a reason this isn't an option? Would it be difficult to implement an option to use historical draft classes in fictional leagues?

Thanks again
Ezstepper

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion