I'll buy DDSPB21 as soon as I get an explanation how to...

I'll buy DDSPB21 as soon as I get an explanation how to...

Postby GaryM » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:01 pm

.... create a 32-team league where 31 rosters are untouched but the 32nd (Hornets) is made up of a bunch of players created by me that are basically my basketball buddies.

I asked this about DDSPB20 on that board and hippithus replied: "You would have to use Sandbox mode and convert to a career mode after you change/create players"

Well apparently I'm not versed enough in how the game works because I still can't figure it out.

I guess I need a step-by-step explanation like I'm 5.

Thanks for any help.
GaryM

Re: I'll buy DDSPB21 as soon as I get an explanation how to.

Postby drummerJ99 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:00 pm

I'm not home right now to be able to test this but it should be as easy as starting a regular 32 team league in sandbox mode. And then edit all the players on the Hornets to be whatever you want.

If nobody confirms that, I'll test it out when I get home but won't be till late tonight.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby GaryM » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Thanks drummer.

When you test it, if you don't mind listing the steps to get to that point, that would be much appreciated!
GaryM

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:17 pm

GaryM wrote:.... create a 32-team league where 31 rosters are untouched but the 32nd (Hornets) is made up of a bunch of players created by me that are basically my basketball buddies.

I asked this about DDSPB20 on that board and hippithus replied: "You would have to use Sandbox mode and convert to a career mode after you change/create players"

Well apparently I'm not versed enough in how the game works because I still can't figure it out.

I guess I need a step-by-step explanation like I'm 5.

Thanks for any help.

Well what you're asking isn't quite possible from the start however you could work to achieve it

Create a 30 team fictional league and you would simulate through one season. Then when you get to June 20th of the next season (only day you can run expansion) switch to the commissioner in the upper right corner and use the commissioner office to expand the league to 32 teams. Let the expansion draft run and then use the commissioner office and the add/edit player option to then go to the players on Charlotte and change their names and attributes to whatever you want them to be.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby GaryM » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks Gary!

I see you pointed out “fictional” league so I assume this isn’t going to work using real-life players?
GaryM

Postby drummerJ99 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 am

GaryM wrote:Thanks drummer.

When you test it, if you don't mind listing the steps to get to that point, that would be much appreciated!

Nevermind, my way of thinking didn't work. Looks like it's not as easy to edit players compared to PF21.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:23 am

GaryM wrote:Thanks Gary!

I see you pointed out “fictional” league so I assume this isn’t going to work using real-life players?

Well no your idea is not going to work for real-life players as you stated because there are not 32 real life teams (or 31). If you want to start a real life 30 team league and do the first season, expand and then edit the charlotte players to be whatever you want that will work the same way. I just assumed that your desire for a 32 team league meant that you wanted fictional players since the NBA is only a 30 team league.

If you mistakenly thought there were 32 teams and are good with the normal 30 team setup its even easier - you just start a league and then go to the commissioner office right away and change the Charlotte players to whatever you want and then you're off and running.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion