Invalid Roster Settings

Invalid Roster Settings

Postby native son » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi Gary,

I'm presently playing in commissioner mode with all game-generated players and watching the league evolve. In attempting to sim games ahead, I'm getting an "Invalid Roster Settings" popup which won't allow the sim to advance. I've come across this before and figured out that it was one team who did not sign enough players to their roster to what looks like a minimum of 13(?). But now I can't figure out exactly what the issue is. I suspect it's due to a team or two being overrun by injuries, but am not yet sure. So, with that:

1) It will be helpful if you can add the team name to the "Invalid Roster Settings" popup.

2) Does the game follow the current hardship rules that allow 11 active players minimum and up to 16 total on the roster temporarily? Or are there otherwise any considerations that the AI makes with roster handling due to injuries that will allow valid game rosters?

3) I believe that I have seen a team with an owner who is not very willing to spend, carry fewer than the maximum allowed roster size, thus causing the issue - although I can't 100% confirm that owner spending is the cause. I modified the salary cap down to $232,000 with a $283,880 luxury tax threshold to simulate early 1950's basketball. Salaries seem to be properly scaling down accordingly with the exception of the 2-way D-league players.

Any assistance or feedback addressing the three points above will be appreciated. Thanks!
native son

Re: Invalid Roster Settings

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Agree having more info in the message would be helpful...in the meantime you can go to each team and look at their depth chart screen. At the bottom of each column, anything is good will have a green check. If not, that means they have an invalid setting that needs updated.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby native son » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:25 pm

Thanks Sly - that tip is beyond helpful, although it doesn't seem to apply here because all depth charts have green checks throughout.

However, it did spark a thought that I should also check through all D-League teams, which I had not done. I discovered that the affiliate of the same spendthrift owner I described earlier, did not field a complete D-League team. So two injuries put them below the minimum limit. Thinking this through a little further, this team did pause the simulation during the D-League draft, but the game continued nevertheless. I'll keep an eye on that for future reference as well.
native son

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:57 pm

The game requires 12 players and does not allow going up to 16. The 2 way scaling I will have to take a look at. I certainly didn't expect someone to set the salary cap at 232k.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion