Suggestions: Streamlining Player Search

Suggestions: Streamlining Player Search

Postby fgtr3 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Hello! So I did I end up purchasing the game and feel like one of the weakest features of the game is the player search. First, I'll detail its issues:

#1) It's slow
I'm on a fairly strong laptop (i5-7300hq, 16gb RAM) and the filters probably take 8-10 seconds to single out a position from the rest. I would imagine it's slower for worse computers. Well that may not seem like much on its own, it's a feature I use a ton. Furthermore, if I filter for someone and end up not coming to a trade agreement, the filter is reset and I have to do it again. These relatively small numbers really do add up to quite a bit of time.

#2) No filters on the stats
As it stands now you can only sort each stat either ascending or descending. The main limit of this is that you can only do one stat at a time. It would be nice to be able to be more specific with the player. I envision something like Basketballgm's filters, where there is a blank box underneath each column header where you can type a far more specific search. Instead of sorting by descending defense, I could instead search for a player with >60 defense, <50 scoring, and <5.5m salary. That last part segues nicely into the next problem.

#3) No salary info
As I'm currently playing under a small-market owner who's penny pinching, this is by far the most irritating part of the player search. I have my core locked up and I need to find role players with the right fit. Yeah, tough luck there. I have to click on every player name that may interest me in order to find out if I can actually afford to trade for them financially. One workaround is to go for rookie contracts, but then I have to keep potentials in mind as well when I'm just looking for that 14 MPG guy.

So then, my suggested fixes for each problem are:
#1)
Add a "filter" button and remove the live filtering. This way it only needs to actually filter once after I enter all of the details.
Keep the last filter saved. That way, if I'm looking for a PG and the top option fails, I can easily and quickly resume my PG search.
With the save feature, also add a "clear all filters" button for a quick reset.

#2)
As mentioned, basketballgm's filtering would be ideal. It allows for more specific filtering for multiple ratings at a time.

#3)
Add a column for cap hit. Importantly cap hit and NOT total contract value. Totals could be added too, but the cap hit is far more important.

Thanks for reading!
fgtr3

Re: Suggestions: Streamlining Player Search

Postby Aton837 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:55 pm

I also suggest a positions filter for inviting workouts to the rookies before the college draft just to make things easier like if I need a pg only, I can just remove all the position filters except pg and look at some of the rookie PG's I can invite to a workout before the draft so I don't have to keep searching up and down with no positions filters.
Aton837

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion