Chemistry Effect

Chemistry Effect

Postby Chilikonkarne » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi,

I would like to understand the chemistry effect on the performance of a team. I usually play with it so not so much experience with this feature.

Context :

I just traded for Stephen Curry and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in my save with the Raptor (second season). Both of them have very bad character and relationship with their previous team was close to zero. They were on the trade block and I could get them for very cheap right before trade deadline :

S.Curry (45M exp, 33 and starting to decline but still superstar)
vs
F.VanVleet (18/19M for 4 years, 27), M.Thomas, McGee and Porter Jr ( expiring bench guys)

S.Gilgeous-Alexander (5M exp, 23, 4.5 star potential)
vs
K.Mayes (#22 pick, rookie 2.5 star but bad %) and Hollis-Jefferson (expiring bench)

I have now a contender linneup and big hopes for the title this year : S.Curry, S.Gilgeous-Alexander, J.Isaac (trade via Siakam), C.Wood (FA), R.Gobert (FA) with E.Fournier (trade via Siakam) and A.Nesmith (Draft) from the bench.

But problems already started. Curry relationship is slowly going down and Shai is already below 50% after fighting with a teamate.

I will give a shot to the title this year no matter what. I won't probably keep Curry rights afterwards as he will be 34 and still declining. However Shai will be RFA and I could see myself prolonge the guy from Canada.

What would be the effect of such decision :

- Bad relationship with other players could prevent us to sign FA or resign our own players?
- Can he affect the performance of the team as well? (So far we are 7-0 since the trades)
Chilikonkarne

Re: Chemistry Effect

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:37 am

Yes to both of your questions - a bad relationship with the other players could cause them to get fed up and leave when their contracts are up and yes when player attitudes drop their performance may as well. You will also find that winning mitigates some of the damage of this stuff but losing makes it worse so if things are already going downhill with attitudes while you are winning it will only be worse if you have prolonged losing streaks.

And for those reading the player personalities are randomized when setting up a league so different players will always have different personalities when starting new sims.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion