Knicks Re-Build Ended in Season 1 Championship...now what?

Knicks Re-Build Ended in Season 1 Championship...now what?

Postby Qrashman » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:04 pm

I decided to take the Knicks and start a loooong rebuild process. Game starts in the off-season, I traded Julius Randle, Knox and two 2nd rounders to the Blazers for Covington, Carmelo and a '21 1st (assuming portland would be a low draft pick). Then somehow I ended up signing Anthony Davis in free agency even though I could offer him 30m less than the Lakers. Drafted Tyrese Haliburton with the #7 pick. Starting lineup is Elfrid Payton, RJ Barrett, Covington, Davis, Robinson with Carmelo as Haliburton at the 6/7.

I ended up the 4 seed in the playoffs.

Round 1: Beat the Hawks 4-3. Trae Young missed the first 5 games. Hawks were up 3-2. Young came back and I won the final 2 games with Elfrid Payton winning game 7 on a buzzer beater.
Round 2: Beat the Bucks 4-1. No idea how.
Round 3: Swept the Nets. Again, no idea how.

Championship vs Clippers: Went to game 7 and beat the Clippers by 15 in Game 7.

To compound things, Damien Lillard went down with an ACL injury about 75% of the way through the season. Portland lost 24 of their final 25 games to end up with the #5 in the lottery. And then Portland WON THE LOTTERY, giving me the #1 pick. I went from a 10 year plan to winning the championship and getting the #1 pick.

So now what do I do?
Qrashman

Re: Knicks Re-Build Ended in Season 1 Championship...now wha

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:11 pm

Cure cancer? :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ripkobe » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:07 am

As someone living in NY - wow. I'm hoping this is a sign of what's to come! Davis still hasn't signed!!!
ripkobe

Postby Qrashman » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:56 pm

I took a 3.5 star SF out of Tennessee (Detmer) with the #1 pick because my scouts gave him an A in Defense and B in rebounding over another SF from Houston (Durden). Durden ended up a 4 star but not as developed as Detmer. Durden is going to be a far better player in the long run. I should have stuck with my gut and picked Durden.
Qrashman

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion