Training Camp / Player Progression

Training Camp / Player Progression

Postby Qrashman » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:25 pm

1) Having trouble understanding the training camp screen. Why wouldn't I just put all the sliders to the right?

2) Do I pick either individual, position or team training or do I set all 3?

3) AI Suggest doesn't seem to do anything?

4) Regarding player progression, my team won the championship and the next year every single one of my players regressed in multiple ratings categories (from "ratings progression" screen). every single one, even Anthony Davis regressed. Not one player progressed in a single category. My head coach is 2-star development, assistant coach is 5-star, then 3 star then 2 star.

Thanks (sorry I keep asking question but I love the game and just trying to figure it out).
Qrashman

Re: Training Camp / Player Progression

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:27 pm

1) The sliders are a visual representation of importance/emphasis. If all the sliders are to the right (or any location where they are the same) then it means everything is of the same importance and should be treated equally. If one thing is to the far right and one to the far left it means the one on the right is way more important to work on and will get way more time than the one on the left.

2) You get to set all 3

3) The AI initially sets it up for you so the suggestion is the same thing. That button is just for if you make changes and want to reset with the AI suggestions

4) Winning the championship has nothing to do with player progression. The head coaching being a poor developer means that players will have a hard time progressing. Veteran players also do not progress typically so the only place to go is down for them if there is going to be movement for them.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Training Camp / Player Progression

Postby Qrashman » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:1) The sliders are a visual representation of importance/emphasis. If all the sliders are to the right (or any location where they are the same) then it means everything is of the same importance and should be treated equally. If one thing is to the far right and one to the far left it means the one on the right is way more important to work on and will get way more time than the one on the left.

2) You get to set all 3

3) The AI initially sets it up for you so the suggestion is the same thing. That button is just for if you make changes and want to reset with the AI suggestions

4) Winning the championship has nothing to do with player progression. The head coaching being a poor developer means that players will have a hard time progressing. Veteran players also do not progress typically so the only place to go is down for them if there is going to be movement for them.

1). Ok I was going on that assumption but good to know I was right. Just my opinion but you should maybe put that explanation as a tooltip on the screen.

4). Understood. My point about championship team was more of a brag lol. The head coach seems a bit too overpowered if that’s the case. Literally every player regressed even with a 5 star 1st assistant.
Qrashman

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion