MOVE player?

MOVE player?

Postby Warriors11 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:19 pm

as always this is question\constructive criticism and attempt to make better for all in the community - NOT a complaint about game.

I am a tinker, I like playing GM games, but I also like making moves that sometimes mirror real life. I love being able to go into commish mode and make changes to ratings as I see fit. What I cannot seem to find is an ability to move a player to a different team. I do know I can “force trade” but sometimes that isn’t possible (for example Oubre to Warriors wont work because the salaries in real life only worked because the warriors used the Igudola trad exception which doesn’t exist in game (nor do I want it to – that rule is too complicated to accurately model in game and is rarely used in real life)

I have used a workaround in DDSFB21 by editing salaries down to even numbers, making trade and then editing back. But it would be nice to not have to go through that many hoops not only for myself, but knowing most wont want to go through that much work.

I did attempt to export to DB and edit in access and then reimport but that did not work because access wont open the DB file.

So a couple questions
1- Is there an easier way that I am missing?
2- If not – can it be added?
3- If not – what program should I be using to edit DB files? In the past access worked on previous wolverine games.
Warriors11

Re: MOVE player?

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:46 pm

You don't need to edit anything - with the commissioner you can force any trades regardless of salary so just switch over to commissioner and force whatever trades you want.

The db exports no longer are in MS Access format. They need SQLite Studio (its free) to open them
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: MOVE player?

Postby Warriors11 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:40 am

Gary Gorski wrote:You don't need to edit anything - with the commissioner you can force any trades regardless of salary so just switch over to commissioner and force whatever trades you want.

The db exports no longer are in MS Access format. They need SQLite Studio (its free) to open them

awesome - thank you sir.

very very small boo on DB change - always prefer when I can use tools I already have on my PC and have mastered. but understand the change to something more accessible to all for cost reasons.

will work through and report back my findings. I do like how the football and basketball UI are coming closer to together - will really be top notch when the things that are universal have the same basic UI. I know that isn't possible for all - but the more they can, the better the wolverine universe becomes
Warriors11

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion