Can't proceed: d-league team missing player on depth chart

Can't proceed: d-league team missing player on depth chart

Postby Qrashman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:36 pm

I'm not able to proceed in my season. I'm getting an error that my D-League team is missing a player on the depth chart. My d-league team has 11 players, one of whom is injured (it had only 9 until I just signed a couple of 2-ways).

I don't control my d-league team at all. I barely even look at it. How do I proceed. Is it because I need more players on the roster? How do I even do that?
Qrashman

Re: Can't proceed: d-league team missing player on depth cha

Postby Qrashman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:49 pm

Follow up: I acted as commissioner and signed someone to the team and now it works.
Qrashman

Postby Vann_the_Red » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:32 pm

I get this error constantly. The only way I've found to get around it is to demote someone from the parent roster. But, when I check, the affiliate roster is fine. What is the actual problem? Is there a work-around? This is maddening. I can't get through a single season. Gamebreaking.
Vann_the_Red

Postby Vann_the_Red » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Okay, if you go to sign player and use the drop-down to select the D-league team, you can add a player which solves the symptom. It doesn't fix the fact that the roster was sound -- that seems to be a bug. This could also be better documented.
Vann_the_Red

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:06 pm

So you are saying that the affiliate roster is actually fine but the AI is not able to set it up correctly unless you sign an additional player? The next time it happens can you save, look under HELP in the game and follow the instructions to submit the game files so I can take a look at it?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Vann_the_Red » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Sure, Gary. Happy to do so. In every case I saw, the affiliate roster was fine and needed no intervention in terms of all minutes allocated. The problem seemed to be some minimum roster amount. By adding a player (from the parent club or as a free agent) "fixed" the problem which wasn't an actual problem.
Vann_the_Red

Postby Qrashman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:13 pm

When I had the problem, the D-League team was short 1 player. It had 11 players and needs 12. Going into commish mode and signing a player to the D-league team fixed it.
Qrashman

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion