Decimated with injuries wow

Decimated with injuries wow

Postby Qrashman » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:28 pm

I can barely field a team at this point. Okongwu is the only starter that isn't injured. Greenleaf was my #1 overall pick and out for 2 months. I get half these guys back in a week but my next 3 games will be...weird. I believe this is due to my training staff budget being as low as possible. My owner will only give me $6.5m for my entire coaching staff. I am left with:

2 old fart centers Lopez and Jordan who have 1 endurance
1 new player I just traded for Pettway
Dyse and Craig are coming off D-League stints
Jerami Grant who has missed 47 of my last 100 games
and Kelan Martin who was my 11th man

Qrashman

Re: Decimated with injuries wow

Postby Rizzo » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:41 am

In one of my play throughs I found that I had to turn injury % down to like 70% to avoid this happening far too often.
Rizzo

Postby Qrashman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:58 pm

I've seen the right amount of injuries in other playthroughs, but my stingy owner is to blame here.
Qrashman

Postby Tompoller » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:16 am

Damn, never seen so many injuries at the same time
Tompoller

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:52 am

Are all of these players OUT or are some PROB? You are right about the training staff though - spending more there is certainly worth it
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Qrashman » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:33 am

Gary Gorski wrote:Are all of these players OUT or are some PROB? You are right about the training staff though - spending more there is certainly worth it

all of them were OUT. I'm not sure what to do about my staff budget. 6.5m budget for 4 coaches and training is crazy. How can I develop players if I have coaches that all suck. So I'm way overbudget on coaches but now my training budget is as small as possible.

Edit: Ahhhh 3 minutes after I typed this I lost my PF (Okongwu) for 370 days in the first round of the playoffs. He's gonna miss the entire following season!
Qrashman

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:54 pm

I've made mention of this before but the mode is really meant to be a challenge and sometimes you get exactly that - a very difficult challenge as you have. One of my favorite games is the Civilization series and anyone familiar with that knows the frustration of getting a bad random starting spot. In my latest game I was overrun with barbarians and troops from Genghis Khan before I even could manage to get a defense together. Here you obv have a cheap owner that doesn't care about the product - that's a heck of a challenge to manage.

Of course this is also why sandbox mode exists for people who do not like that sort of challenge but hey, I say give it a shot and see what the best you can do with it is. You can always turn down the injury percentage as well if you feel you need some help to compensate for your cheap owner
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Qrashman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:15 am

I tried to play CIV a couple of times but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

For the record I'm not even complaining about the injuries. I like the challenge. Just thought it was funny.
Qrashman

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion