Possibly the worst shooter ever; how would you handle him?

Possibly the worst shooter ever; how would you handle him?

Postby Qrashman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 pm

My SF is an awful shooter. At the AS break this year he was shooting 25% as a full time starter. He finished the season stronger after I moved him to PF and told him to post up more; but still a career .365/.217/.681 shooter. Dude finished 0/87 from the corner threes. His shot chart has him at 54% taking three pointers. I just want him to stop shooting the ball. He's a very good defender and my best rebounder, and my #2 pick so I don't want to give up on him. How would you handle this guy?

Qrashman

Re: Possibly the worst shooter ever; how would you handle hi

Postby Qrashman » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:50 pm

I'm in the following season and he's missed 37 corner threes in a row. So thats 124 consecutive misses and probably more going back to the previous season. I'm 30 games into his 4th season and he's having his worst % in all categories but his defense and rebounding is just getting better.
Qrashman

Postby C-Bailey24 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:13 am

Qrashman wrote:I'm in the following season and he's missed 37 corner threes in a row. So thats 124 consecutive misses and probably more going back to the previous season. I'm 30 games into his 4th season and he's having his worst % in all categories but his defense and rebounding is just getting better.

Like Sonny told C in the movie Bronx Tale dump him and dump him fast! lol The CPU will value his OVR rating so you can probably get a decent player for him because he's still on a fairly low-cost contract I would assume. Find someone on another team who's shooting stats are better and more consistent and try to make a deal because this dude aint gonna get better
C-Bailey24

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:05 am

Have him stop watching Playoff P shoot corner threes on tape ;)

I've never seen a player like this generated who while isn't great at least does make some of his other threes but cannot hit a corner three to save his life. Kind of unique (not in a good way lol) - would you send your files into support - see HELP in the game menu to do it - along with a note about the guy. I just want to look at him and see how he was generated
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Qrashman » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:30 am

Gary Gorski wrote:Have him stop watching Playoff P shoot corner threes on tape ;)

I've never seen a player like this generated who while isn't great at least does make some of his other threes but cannot hit a corner three to save his life. Kind of unique (not in a good way lol) - would you send your files into support - see HELP in the game menu to do it - along with a note about the guy. I just want to look at him and see how he was generated

ok will do so. BTW I traded him along with another pretty good player (back to back #2 overall picks) for a 1st rounder and Bol Bol who is making a whopping $20m. I will see where the first rounder ends up in this upcoming lottery. I'll send in the files, Gary.
Qrashman

Postby Qrashman » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:45 am

he finished 0-83 from the corners this season! A slight improvement over the 0-87 last season. He didn't shoot as much for Milwaukee after I traded him.

Qrashman

Postby Rizzo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:42 am

This is a situation where I would go in and edit his tendencies and floor areas to keep him from ever going to the corner. He's borderline unplayable at that point.
Rizzo

Postby Qrashman » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:48 pm

I traded him to Milwaukee after a couple of seasons. He just finished his 8th season and went 0-100 exactly from the corner three positions. I check him after every year and he's yet to hit a single shot from the corner. but he still has a starting job with a playoff team making 20.5M per year.

Qrashman

Postby PointGuard » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:44 am

Gotta say this for him...he's consistent! :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion