Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Now that I am finally able to get some time to play (have had the game for a couple of weeks), I have some questions as I get started:

1. How can I tell what draft picks I have to start the game? Where do I see what is available for future seasons?

2. I know that my current salary cap numbers differ from my current roster (I am assuming they are soon to be free agents salaries being held on to), where I can I see those players?

3. When getting into free agent signing period, my team is over salary cap. How can I see what slots are available to use to sign free agents (mid level exception, for example)?

4. In real life teams get trade exceptions based on a prior trade. Does that carry over to the game as well? Do we have an ability to create one in a future trade?

5. Also, any tips for a new player?

I might have more, but I still need to get into the game. I have been looking forward to this.

Thanks.

Taz
blazertaz13

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:44 pm

Not sure if any better places, but if you go into the trade screen and you have your team displayed, scroll down to the bottom to see draft picks...

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Qrashman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:24 am

1) Go to the trade screen (the two arrows icon next to the shaking hands) and you can see what picks you have. You can also go to League Media- Draft Picks to see what picks everyone has for the next 3 seasons.

Can't really help on the other questions.
Qrashman

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:02 am

1. How can I tell what draft picks I have to start the game? Where do I see what is available for future seasons?

Go to League Media and there is a button there for draft picks to let you see this

2. I know that my current salary cap numbers differ from my current roster (I am assuming they are soon to be free agents salaries being held on to), where I can I see those players?

When you get to the contracts phase just prior to free agency starting you can go to your Contracts screen and it will show you the bird right holds you have and you can then renounce players etc to free up cap space if you want to

3. When getting into free agent signing period, my team is over salary cap. How can I see what slots are available to use to sign free agents (mid level exception, for example)?

Again you can go to your Contracts page at this point and renounce players if you don't intend on signing them back and when you click to make an offer to a free agent the button will light up if you have the mid or low level exception to offer

4. In real life teams get trade exceptions based on a prior trade. Does that carry over to the game as well? Do we have an ability to create one in a future trade?

No, trade exceptions are not part of the game. Trading is complicated enough as it is :)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion