Contributions by 2-star players; something I really like

Contributions by 2-star players; something I really like

Postby Qrashman » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:42 am

One thing I really like about this game is that 2-star players can make a meaningful difference in your success. It might be a 2-star PG that only averages 7 pts and 3 assists but I feel like they actually make a difference. This doesn't apply if you're trying to make a super-team, but for your average 4 seed in the playoffs I really feel like my bench makes a difference. I think some of this may be due to the endurance/discipline rating on youngsters being so low for a couple of seasons, so you really need a decent bench to supplement these guys.

I've had some 2-star players put up a 15-5-5 season (granted they were bad teams), but it happens. I'm absolutely having a blast playing this game.
Qrashman

Re: Contributions by 2-star players; something I really like

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Yes players have "counting stats" success based on the team they are on. If its a bad team a 2 or 2.5 star guy might put up decent numbers because frankly someone has to. If you put him on a championship team he might average low numbers but still play an important role on defense or maybe on offense giving up opportunities to better players.

Also I've said this before but this is not like NBA2k where you want all guys rated 90 or whatever. A "2 star" player in the game is the equivalent of a NBA rotation player. Probably hope to have at least 2.5 star as a starter but 2 star players are meant to be decent rotation players - not junk guys who are worthless. That's one thing I try to tell people about the draft when they complain that there are so many 2 star players or lower...how many guys from a draft really turn out to be even rotation players? In this game a 5 or even 4 star player is pretty special and not too common so don't think of those 2 star guys as bums - they're good rotation guys.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Contributions by 2-star players; something I really like

Postby Qrashman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:14 am

yeah that's one of the things I like most about the game is you don't need to make a super team, and the amount of 5 star prospects are pretty low. I just happened to get one of them :)
Qrashman

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion