Starting with No Team?

Starting with No Team?

Postby FrickaFresh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:46 pm

Hello! I just have a quick question as I just bought this game and am trying to play it for the first time.

When I am creating my league, there’s an option to either choose a team or select no team. If I select no team, is that the same as being unemployed and going to receive job offers? Or do I have to choose a team? I’m not seeing any way that I can get hired, but I’m not sure if I’m missing something.

I know it’s not made by the same devs, but I know in Football Manager you can start unemployed and get job offers so I’m wondering if that applies here. If it’s different then let me know.

Thanks!
FrickaFresh

Re: Starting with No Team?

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:05 am

You can start unemployed by not selecting a team to manage during league creation. And then during the game, I believe you have to use the phone feature to contact teams about hiring you. Not exactly sure at what stages of the season you can do that. I haven't really done that much so others more experienced can chime in.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Qrashman » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:49 pm

there's a post season segment where you can reach out to owners. Believe its June 19th.
Qrashman

Postby FrickaFresh » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Qrashman wrote:there's a post season segment where you can reach out to owners. Believe its June 19th.

Okay thanks
FrickaFresh

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:05 pm

The date where you can use the phone to call owners and ask for a job is listed in the key dates area of the game in case you ever want to reference it while playing. It is the little calendar icon in the top menu area
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion