Possible to edit owner?

Possible to edit owner?

Postby Qrashman » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:27 am

I can't stand my stingy owner, is it possible to edit him so I can at least afford an assistant coach? My head coach makes 6m and I'm basically over budget already.
Qrashman

Re: Possible to edit owner?

Postby PointGuard » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:20 am

I'm sure there are plenty of fans who would like several real life owners "edited". :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:57 am

Qrashman wrote:I can't stand my stingy owner, is it possible to edit him so I can at least afford an assistant coach? My head coach makes 6m and I'm basically over budget already.

You can edit the owner by making changes to the database file for each of the teams. You would need to use something like sqlite. There are fields for the following:

- Owner Name (real world mod already changes this to real life)
- Spend Rating (willingness to spend)
- Win Rating (desire to win)
- Patience Rating (patience level)
- Star Rating (desire for superstars)

Each rating has a range of 1-5. Also, if you do edit the characteristics, when you create a new league you'll need to make sure you turn off the random owner characteristics feature otherwise random values will be given versus what you put in the database.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Qrashman » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:47 am

is it possible to edit leagues already in progress? I did random owner characteristics to start this league, so I can't even find my owner in the database "Shane buckmaster".
Qrashman

Postby fgtr3 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:40 pm

Qrashman wrote:is it possible to edit leagues already in progress? I did random owner characteristics to start this league, so I can't even find my owner in the database "Shane buckmaster".

Yes. Go to the commissioners office (left click your name in the top right), and click the "export to database" button. It will then show up in the folder for that game save as a database file. Then it's basically the same directions as before. When you're done, click "import from database" and it will load the new values.

Or that's how it should work. I tried it myself and while things like arena capacity changed, the owner stats look the same. Maybe it's just a graphical thing or it updates at a certain time in the season/offseason.
fgtr3

Postby Qrashman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:16 am

sweet thanks
Qrashman

Postby yo31 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:56 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
Qrashman wrote:I can't stand my stingy owner, is it possible to edit him so I can at least afford an assistant coach? My head coach makes 6m and I'm basically over budget already.

You can edit the owner by making changes to the database file for each of the teams. You would need to use something like sqlite. There are fields for the following:

- Owner Name (real world mod already changes this to real life)
- Spend Rating (willingness to spend)
- Win Rating (desire to win)
- Patience Rating (patience level)
- Star Rating (desire for superstars)

Each rating has a range of 1-5. Also, if you do edit the characteristics, when you create a new league you'll need to make sure you turn off the random owner characteristics feature otherwise random values will be given versus what you put in the database.

Ok and where can i find the database file for each team? Ive spent like 30 minutes in the edit database thing and cant find anything to edit the owners
yo31

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion