Use Trade Restrictions & Randomize Potentials?

Use Trade Restrictions & Randomize Potentials?

Postby iPrestige » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:59 am

Can someone elaborate on these functions and how they can potentially affect a save?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT #1: Also, is there any way for me to view not just a player's current ratings, but potential ratings as well in-game?

EDOT #2: When and why should I consider enabling the League Option to "Allow Salary Cap Increases?"

EDIT #3: If I am not mistaken, last year's version had an option within "Game Options" were you could sim a couple of years in without having to do it manually. Has that been taken out the game?

FYI I do not plan on playing any historical saves.
iPrestige

Re: Use Trade Restrictions & Randomize Potentials?

Postby Qrashman » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:17 pm

There are a few trade restrictions in the NBA.
1) you can't trade a players recently acquired until he is on your team for 90 (?) days.
2) A team can't make a deal that would leave them without a first round pick in 2 consecutive seasons (stepien rule)
3) Can't re-acquire a player that you traded in the same season
4) You can't trade a player in the offseason with a pending option until you make a decision on that option.
5) Once a rookie signs his deal he can't be dealt for 30 days

I'm not sure which of these apply to the game though. I know #1 and #4 definitely do.
Qrashman

Postby Qrashman » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:21 pm

to answer your other questions:

1: Yes in the commissioner tools I believe? Go to commissioner and then add/edit players. But this is *kind of* cheating, but who cares. The potential ratings are hidden. You're supposed to use your scouts to assess potential.

2: Salary cap increases are a part of the real NBA. The cap goes up each year by a couple of million. It's more realistic to me to have this on, so I always put it on. I just wish it would lower every once in a while.

3: I don't think you can sim multiple years, per Gary.
Qrashman

Postby iPrestige » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:47 am

Thanks for the response Qrashman!

Does anyone know what the "CREDITS" column in the db editor stands for? I've been planning on adding some new players in the db, but I don't know what stat the "CREDITS" column is looking for.
iPrestige

Postby ripkobe » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:48 pm

Don't add players that way. If you go to the commissioner, then add/edit players, you can put them right into the game. DB editing can lead to unforeseen circumstances, best to avoid tampering with it unless you know what you're trying to do. Most stats aside from a few invisibles (consistency, durability, etc) are viewable in add/edit players through commissioner mode in game, and adding players works that way.
ripkobe

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion