Sub out percentage

Sub out percentage

Postby ajarnlance » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:12 pm

In the depth chart does anyone know what the 'sub out percentage' is and what it does?
Also, under 'extra time' what does the icon to the right of OT signify if I assign a player to it?

Loving this game. Totally addictive.
ajarnlance

Re: Sub out percentage

Postby fgtr3 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:42 pm

"Sub out percentage" is a number that basically decides how tired you want a player to get before subbing them out, where 100 is fully refreshed. It should be a higher number if the bench player behind the starter is similarly skilled compared to the starter so they both play solid minutes and play at their best/less tired. Whereas with a superstar you want a lower number so they play more minutes since a 60% tired LeBron is still the best option.

It is an important number to set because it will override the sub matrix. I set a player with 8 endurance (out of 10) at "sub out at 100" and despite being logged for 44 MPG in the sub matrix, he averaged just over 4 MPG with tons of DNPs. As soon as I set the sub out to 50, he immediately started playing high 30's, low 40's in minutes.

The icon is a trash can and signifies "garbage time." That is, when you're so far in the lead that the game is effectively over and you bench your stars and play your end of bench or young guys.
fgtr3

Re: Sub out percentage

Postby ajarnlance » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Thanks so much for your great in-depth explanation. Now I understand what those things mean. Appreciate the speedy response.
ajarnlance

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion