New 12/22 Update (10.3)

New 12/22 Update (10.3)

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:14 am

In case you missed it, there was an update posted on 12/22, with the changes below. I sometimes miss the updates as they are being posted so just in case others did as well. Also, if you are using my Realworld mod, important to re-download and install it since this version had changes to the core database. If you don't, you won't get some of the changes (i.e. staffs, rosters, etc.).

viewtopic.php?f=329&t=33023

Version 10.3 - released 12/22/20
--------------------------------------
- enabled default season start option, updated rosters and staffs
- updated tournament maker/matchup maker for last season stats
- fixed bug causing crash on some screens when using language other than US-English
- allow notifications on sim screen to remain longer to help you better figure out why the sim has stopped
- fixed rare issue where if you did not own a team you could simulate the next season too soon and then not properly clear out the last seasons stats
- MP upload code fix
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: New 12/22 Update (10.3)

Postby Coyote22 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Thanks! Is the Steam realworld mod updated as well? Where I can find it?
Coyote22

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:31 am

Coyote22 wrote:Thanks! Is the Steam realworld mod updated as well? Where I can find it?

Yes, any time there is a game update, my mod gets updated for both the steam and non-steam version. I don't own the steam version so I can only assume the patch is available there as well. If not, you'll want to wait before applying the updated mod.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby pianoman2209 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi guys. I just went to the first page of the thread for the pro pack mod and the real world mod. It still says it was last updated in October. I have been trying to find a way to find a link...anything....that will allow me to play with the current NBA rosters. I was told one advantage of using the Steam version was that it updates with ease. I'm still new to playing games on steam so for all I know there is an update button. If someone can walk me through what to do (like I am 8 years old lol). I would REALLY appreciate it. I bought this game for 4 of my friends for the holidays and they are blowing up my phone not understanding why they have a 2021 game with last years rosters. They don't want to play a league, for example, without the rosters that they are watching on TV tonight. Help!!! Thanks!

Also, I have read such mixed things on how to get updates into the game. Some say you have to upload a new database, which I have no idea how to do....some people have said that (especially with steam) the updates happen automatically. I am at a loss. I appreciate someone helping me out with this.
pianoman2209

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:13 am

Steam is a platform that can keep your games updated, as long as you have settings within Steam setup correctly. Find the game in your library list. Right click on the game's name and a menu will appear, choose Properties. From the properties screen, choose the option for Updates. You'll then see the ability to change the download updates setting. Make sure it is set to auto download and then any time an update is ready, should auto download.

As for the Pro Basketball game, check the current version number to determine if you have the latest updated. Start the game and look in the bottom righthand corner of the screen. If it says 10.3, you have the latest. In theory, even without the auto update set, when you go to play the game after an update is released, it would tell you to update first so I am guessing you likely have the latest version installed.

If you are using my Realworld mod, then after the game is updated, you will need to reinstall my mod from viewtopic.php?f=328&t=32714 . This is needed because the latest version updated certain database files because of the season start rosters being updated. Plus, when the Steam update runs, it will overwrite my version which contains all the real team names and such. Simply go to the mod link, redownload and reinstall again. Make sure to choose the installer for the Steam version of the game.

After all that is done, start the game and create a new league. Once you choose challenge or sandbox mode, the next screen will allow you to select what rosters to use. Make sure you select the "Default-Season Start". You can then choose whatever other options you want and you should be good to go.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Coyote22 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I guess it's not possible to play the real season of 50 games starting in december?
Coyote22

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Coyote22 wrote:Thanks for the explanation. I guess it's not possible to play the real season of 50 games starting in december?

no
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion