link leagues doesn't work

Re: link leagues doesn't work

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:18 pm

mh2365 wrote:after playing CBB for an hour and closing the game out the .dat file finally appeared but my PBB game has now been hung up on the screen bringing in the draft class for 20 minutes ... both games are the latest version but both leagues were started with previous versions.... it is really going to suck if you can't link the games and use the draft classes .... the games would then be unplayable for me

Seems like your best bet is to zip up both associations and send them in via a Support Ticket to let Gary take a look at what's going on with your games.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby mh2365 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:28 pm

45 minutes now .... I'm not the only one ... this feature is broken
mh2365

Postby mh2365 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:54 pm

gonna try restarting both games with new leagues and see if that works
mh2365

Postby mh2365 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:37 pm

restarting didn't work either .... anyone getting this to work or are we just accepting that you can't link the two games?
mh2365

Postby beauforsure » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:35 pm

mh2365 wrote:restarting didn't work either .... anyone getting this to work or are we just accepting that you can't link the two games?

mine is fine. you must be doing something wrong , or overlooking something. i dunno.
beauforsure

Postby mh2365 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:38 pm

Yeah sure it's me, not the game ... thanks for the genius input .... games are completely unplayable for me ... to bad there is no refunds .... probably the last Wolverine basketball games I ever buy
mh2365

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:19 pm

Ok first I can guarantee the link feature works so there is something going wrong on your end - typically what has been wrong when this has happened has been that someone was using an older version of CB20 that did not produce a correct file for the updates required in PB21 and that would cause the game to hang. If you have updated both of the games to the latest versions and deleted the old .dat file and resaved that should have generated one with the correct format to bring into PB21.

The next step is to do what PointGuard said - under HELP in both games you will find instructions for submitting the game files. If you open a support ticket and either attach those game files to the ticket or you might have to upload them to a dropbox if they are large I will download them, run them and see exactly what the hangup is and tell you how it can be fixed. Until I see files I can only guess or offer what other issues have been in the past.

I understand you are frustrated that it is not working but there's no reason to despair or say this is the last basketball game you will ever buy. I'm happy to help you get it working - I just need to see exactly what is wrong to help get it fixed.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby beauforsure » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:40 pm

mh2365 wrote:Yeah sure it's me, not the game ... thanks for the genius input .... games are completely unplayable for me ... to bad there is no refunds .... probably the last Wolverine basketball games I ever buy

lol no wonder no one wants to help you very much.. last time i ever will. how about that for a genius input? have fun buddy !
beauforsure

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:06 pm

Look guys...enough of this back-and-forth. The Wolverine forums have been HELPFUL, not combative or dismissive. Please keep them that way.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby mh2365 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:10 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Ok first I can guarantee the link feature works so there is something going wrong on your end - typically what has been wrong when this has happened has been that someone was using an older version of CB20 that did not produce a correct file for the updates required in PB21 and that would cause the game to hang. If you have updated both of the games to the latest versions and deleted the old .dat file and resaved that should have generated one with the correct format to bring into PB21.

The next step is to do what PointGuard said - under HELP in both games you will find instructions for submitting the game files. If you open a support ticket and either attach those game files to the ticket or you might have to upload them to a dropbox if they are large I will download them, run them and see exactly what the hangup is and tell you how it can be fixed. Until I see files I can only guess or offer what other issues have been in the past.

I understand you are frustrated that it is not working but there's no reason to despair or say this is the last basketball game you will ever buy. I'm happy to help you get it working - I just need to see exactly what is wrong to help get it fixed.

Even the new league I started failed to generate the .dat file .... so no clue ... both games are the most recent version .... didn't buy CB20 or PB20 so this is my first time back in a few versions and the only reason I came back was because of this feature .... so yeah it's frustrating when you follow the instructions exactly and it doesn't work .... will try to figure out how to send them to you
mh2365

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion