What do you like to put your scouting points at?

What do you like to put your scouting points at?

Postby Qrashman » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:54 am

I always have a hard time divvying up my scouting point (I realize that's the point). So just curious what everyone tends to do?

I typically go 50-60 in all the US regions and then pick 2 international regions to go a little higher than 25 (when I have around 350 points). This year I am a contender, will have a low pick so I may spend a lot of it internationally hoping to find a diamond where nobody else is looking. I'm a few years in and I've rarely seen more than 2 foreign players on the Top 160 prospects list in the beginning of the season, so my gut says to not put any points in international scouting. But I'm guessing that the more you put into international scouting, the more you might find those rare gems that other teams don't?
Qrashman

Re: What do you like to put your scouting points at?

Postby yo31 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:34 pm

Sorta a noob but what i do is 50 in every college region and 25 in the internationals. My order of importance (because i cant put 25 in all of them ofc) is this:
Both Europes - equal
South America
Oceana
Aisia
Africa
North America - idk if it even matters
Hope this helps but as i said im pretty new so idk
yo31

Postby Qrashman » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:50 pm

that was pretty much how I started yeah. I only have 307 scouting points this year so I went 50 in the Americas and then 25 in both europes.

Last season I went 25 in all the americas and loaded up on international. It really got nothing out of it. I received only 1 scouting email all year and all the points I put into international did nothing because there were barely any international prospects. I think this part needs to be worked on a bit.
Qrashman

Postby Cleasby » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Yep America region then depending on draftees maybe Europe or south America
Cleasby

Postby Honny118 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:50 pm

I'll allocate all points for the States, unless there're some lottery-possible draftees from overseas.
Honny118

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion