D-League Structure

D-League Structure

Postby CactusNomad » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi, I am fairly new to the game. I have been trying to set up my own fictional league. My fictional league has 22 teams. How do I trim down the D-league to the same number of teams, 22?

Thanks
Bob
CactusNomad

Re: D-League Structure

Postby GiantYankee » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:31 pm

CactusNomad wrote:Hi, I am fairly new to the game. I have been trying to set up my own fictional league. My fictional league has 22 teams. How do I trim down the D-league to the same number of teams, 22?

Thanks
Bob

I don't have the current version but in past versions there were 30 D League teams no matter what the league size was. I wish we could customize or completely disable the D League altogether. As a guy who likes smaller league sizes, I'm waiting for a future version that will allow us to disable the D league. 30 D league teams for a 16 team league has become a deal breaker for me.
GiantYankee

Postby CactusNomad » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:52 pm

Thank you for the reply. I purchased the game and this is a real pain.
CactusNomad

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:47 pm

I'm interested in the viewpoint of someone who feels this is a "dealbreaker" in the game because I do not understand why that would be the case. The players who are playing in the d-league are always able to be signed as free agents so even if there were only a limited number of d-league teams those players would just exist as free agents. Instead they're assigned to a d-league team and get to play out games so you can evaluate them even better if you want to sign them. I'm just not sure what limiting d-league teams is going to do except have more players in the FA pool directly as opposed to being in the FA pool but playing for a d-league team at the same time.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Cleasby » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Agree d-league being on or off doesn't impact anything because they are just free agents at the end of the day

Would be cool to be able to disable the d-league next gen players (the ones that go in the draft next year) for historical replay.
Cleasby

Postby GiantYankee » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:39 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:I'm interested in the viewpoint of someone who feels this is a "dealbreaker" in the game because I do not understand why that would be the case. The players who are playing in the d-league are always able to be signed as free agents so even if there were only a limited number of d-league teams those players would just exist as free agents. Instead they're assigned to a d-league team and get to play out games so you can evaluate them even better if you want to sign them. I'm just not sure what limiting d-league teams is going to do except have more players in the FA pool directly as opposed to being in the FA pool but playing for a d-league team at the same time.

Thank you for the response Gary. I enjoy playing with 16 team leagues. Having a 30 team G League with affiliations just kills the immersion for me. "The players who are playing in the d-league are always able to be signed as free agents so even if there were only a limited number of d-league teams those players would just exist as free agents." Does this mean that the free agent pool (including G league) is the same regardless of the league size? So in other words there is a set number of players that are available in any size league? All pro teams have to have affiliations, correct?
GiantYankee

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion