Invalid D-League depth chart in playoffs: soft-lock?

Invalid D-League depth chart in playoffs: soft-lock?

Postby NetPlusLineups » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:41 pm

First of all I’d like to say I’ve been having an absolute blast with this game, having played it about 80 hours over the course of the last couple of months.

However I’ve run into a possible bug where I cannot seem to advance any further in the playoffs. On the final day of the regular season, I recalled the guys I had assigned to the D-league for use on my playoff roster. I’ve now played five games into the first round (up 3-2), and I can’t advance any further because the game gives me an error that my D-league depth chart is invalid. This has happened a few times during the regular season, and I just assigned a player to the D league and was able to move on. However I cannot assign a player now, since the rosters are locked for the playoffs and the Assign to D-League button is grayed out. I also cannot sign any free agents. Is my game soft-locked? I do have a saved game from before the playoffs started, but it’s been an intense 5 games playing matchups and changing lineups and strategies to go up 3-2. I’d rather keep that sweet progress if I can.
NetPlusLineups

Re: Invalid D-League depth chart in playoffs: soft-lock?

Postby MUFan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:08 pm

Sorry, I'm no help but I did exactly what you did and had the same problem. Luckily I had randomly saved to another file right before the season ended and was able to revert to it.
MUFan

Postby Cleasby » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:56 am

Yeah I have had this. I wonder if it is because d-league teams do not have the ability to sign any free agents?

I tried a game to see if I can work up from the bottom and starting in the d-league so many of my players got snatched by Oro teams I could not field a full depth chart and I was unable to access the free agent market in season (when you click the button the free agent market is just blank) causing me to give up and restart.
Cleasby

Postby Qrashman » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:25 pm

I had the same problem. Had to send my file to support so they could fix it. Suggest you do the same.
Qrashman

Postby NetPlusLineups » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:05 am

Support fixed my file! Game 6 here I come! :D
NetPlusLineups

Postby johnd2442 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 am

What was the fix here? Is this what has to happen when a bug arises in the game? We are dependent on customer support fixing the bug? Is there any way around these issues for game owners manually?
johnd2442

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:07 pm

We fixed the issue through the 10.4 game update but since the OPs league was beyond a point where that fix would have helped him we went into the file for him and fixed it so he could continue to play and then if he has updated the game to the latest version he should not experience that again.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby gundogeezer » Sun May 23, 2021 12:36 pm

I just purchased this game in April and think it is great. I am today having this exact soft-lock as I pulled up players day before playoff lock and now have only 11 D-League players in midst of playoffs.

Should April game purchase have 10.4 game update? I checked license registration and it says I am running 10.0 and latest version is 10.0

Can I manually update/fix or do I have to submit file to support to fix?

Thanks
gundogeezer

Postby hansmellman » Mon May 24, 2021 8:21 am

gundogeezer wrote:I just purchased this game in April and think it is great. I am today having this exact soft-lock as I pulled up players day before playoff lock and now have only 11 D-League players in midst of playoffs.

Should April game purchase have 10.4 game update? I checked license registration and it says I am running 10.0 and latest version is 10.0

Can I manually update/fix or do I have to submit file to support to fix?

Thanks

Did you purchase through steam? If so that should automatically update. If you purchased direct through WS here is the link to the thread with the update installer - viewtopic.php?f=329&t=33023

It says the latest version is 10.10 and you're playing on 10.0 in your message, hopefully this helps!
hansmellman

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 24, 2021 1:29 pm

gundogeezer: fyi, you can check what version you have in two ways:

* on Main Menu, the version is shown in very small script in the lower right of the screen

* from game screen, if you click on hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines in upper left corner) the version will be the first thing shown on the list that displays
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion