D League Draft

D League Draft

Postby johnd2442 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:40 am

Hello, I'm a rookie to this game, and so far I've really liked it a lot. However, the one thing that I can't figure out for the life of me is...how do I actually enter the D-League draft room?

I've toggled the setting to manage my team's D League affiliate. I have GM powers for my franchise. But every time I click to advance to the D-League draft, it automatically places players onto my D-League affiliate team and I never see the draft room. Is there some setting that I'm not seeing?

Thank you to anyone for the time and attention for a helpful response.
johnd2442

Re: D League Draft

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:31 am

Sounds like you might have the option turned on to have the CPU managing off season tasks, which D-League draft is one of those things. If so, then the D-League draft is not shown since you can't control it. Go into the options screen (top left hamburger menu) and turn off the CPU if you want to control.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby johnd2442 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Thank you for the helpful reply! Alas, that option has always been turned off, and I've never had the CPU toggled to handle offseason tasks. I've been doing every offseason task, like I mentioned above, regarding the regular draft, offseason signings, coach hirings, etc.

So, I guess I'm curious if there is another option that I'm missing and why I can't get to the D-League draft screen?
johnd2442

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:28 pm

johnd2442 wrote:Thank you for the helpful reply! Alas, that option has always been turned off, and I've never had the CPU toggled to handle offseason tasks. I've been doing every offseason task, like I mentioned above, regarding the regular draft, offseason signings, coach hirings, etc.

So, I guess I'm curious if there is another option that I'm missing and why I can't get to the D-League draft screen?

Any chance you have sound option turned off? I believe that may also cause the draft to be skipped?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby johnd2442 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:33 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
johnd2442 wrote:Thank you for the helpful reply! Alas, that option has always been turned off, and I've never had the CPU toggled to handle offseason tasks. I've been doing every offseason task, like I mentioned above, regarding the regular draft, offseason signings, coach hirings, etc.

Any chance you have sound option turned off? I believe that may also cause the draft to be skipped?

Thank you again for trying to help! Besides that being bizarre, I have the sound turned low, but not off. Because I can hear the title screen for the regular draft perfectly.

I have to think I'm not the only one with this problem. And it is weird that every other part of the offseason works flawlessly. I'm just fascinated about the D-League draft when it states in the instructions that it will happen. To detail, all I have tried is the Sandbox mode, two ways: first with starting with the season, and then the other way, starting with all offseason tasks before the season. I have not tried the Challenge or Universe mode with this, but I may, just to see if that changes something. Still, I didn't want to deal with ownership meddling and had no interest in controlling any other team.
johnd2442

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 pm

The sound being turned off would be from inside the game in the options menu. If muted is bolded, then its turned off. The reason it impacts the draft is because when sounds turned off, not cut scenes show which the draft has them. But if your hearing the game sounds and that option not muted, then still must be something else. Beyond the things I have suggested, not sure what else might be happening but hopefully others will chime in.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby johnd2442 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:58 pm

Thank you again for the really helpful reply. I have one league saved for right before the D-League draft so I can keep trying different things, then close the game out, and get back to right before the draft and see if the next thing works. Obviously, nothing has yet!

But I made sure the sound was on, advanced to the D-League draft and again...the D-League roster automatically populated. I double checked the pull down on the roster page, and I'm still supposedly managing the D-League affiliate. I mean, really, if that's the only bug that doesn't work, it isn't really very significant and it is a wonderful game that I've seen so far.

I'm happy to provide some screen shots if that might help things.
johnd2442

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:26 pm

If you are managing the affiliate it should let you enter the draft. Look under that menu for the HELP option. It will give you instructions on submitting the game files to support. Please do so and I will look and see what is going on
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby johnd2442 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:If you are managing the affiliate it should let you enter the draft. Look under that menu for the HELP option. It will give you instructions on submitting the game files to support. Please do so and I will look and see what is going on

I appreciate the response, Gary and I will do that. Thank you...and thank you for making a great game!
johnd2442

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion