Pull up jumpers how to reduce them

Pull up jumpers how to reduce them

Postby Cleasby » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:45 pm

Dumb question from me. Pull up jumpers are not on the player instruction options under strategy. Is there a way to reduce these? Is it linked to other shot types?
Cleasby

Re: Pull up jumpers how to reduce them

Postby Cleasby » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:10 am

Anyone able to help?:)
Cleasby

Postby Cleasby » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:17 pm

Anyone able to help with this?
Cleasby

Postby BB Brand » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:27 pm

Using page 56 of the manual, which describes each instruction, I would try "post-up more", "drive and shoot more", or "drive and pass more";
and either "catch & shoot less" or "shoot off dribble less".

This is just a guess, though. Let us know if it works.
BB Brand

Postby Cleasby » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:48 pm

BB Brand wrote:Using page 56 of the manual, which describes each instruction, I would try "post-up more", "drive and shoot more", or "drive and pass more";
and either "catch & shoot less" or "shoot off dribble less".

This is just a guess, though. Let us know if it works.

Yeah thanks I have tried all of this and cannot seem to get it to shift for any player. Just odd that every other action type you can say do more or less of but pull up you cannot have any real control over.

I would be grateful for a Dev view on this as it's maybe something I am missing?
Cleasby

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:40 pm

The only recourse you have in the game (other than editing the player yourself) is to use the suggestions to shoot off dribble less and do something else more.

When changes happen through the suggestions they are gradual if at all because the game is designed to make players unique individuals meaning they are not just robots you can give demands to and then they follow them. Otherwise it would really be pointless to create players with different characteristics since you could just force them to be whatever you wanted or whatever might exploit their ratings best. Instead you are dealing with an actual player - in your case one who likes to shoot pull up jump shots. Much like in the real NBA you can either slowly and gradually hope for a change from a player or you just move on from him or accept him for what he is and what he does. I very clearly remember the frustration of Pistons fans of why wouldn't Rasheed Wallace just play in the post and dominate instead of wanting to launch threes all the time. Well the truth was nobody was going to tell Rasheed what to do whether it was good for him or the team so. That's the same kind of guiding principle here in the game with players - they're unique, they have their own style of play and maybe you will get ones who will make slight changes (if they have good attitudes and work ethics) but otherwise they are who they are and your job is to build a puzzle with the pieces that exist rather than trying to alter the puzzle pieces to finish the puzzle.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Cleasby » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:The only recourse you have in the game (other than editing the player yourself) is to use the suggestions to shoot off dribble less and do something else more.

When changes happen through the suggestions they are gradual if at all because the game is designed to make players unique individuals meaning they are not just robots you can give demands to and then they follow them. Otherwise it would really be pointless to create players with different characteristics since you could just force them to be whatever you wanted or whatever might exploit their ratings best. Instead you are dealing with an actual player - in your case one who likes to shoot pull up jump shots. Much like in the real NBA you can either slowly and gradually hope for a change from a player or you just move on from him or accept him for what he is and what he does. I very clearly remember the frustration of Pistons fans of why wouldn't Rasheed Wallace just play in the post and dominate instead of wanting to launch threes all the time. Well the truth was nobody was going to tell Rasheed what to do whether it was good for him or the team so. That's the same kind of guiding principle here in the game with players - they're unique, they have their own style of play and maybe you will get ones who will make slight changes (if they have good attitudes and work ethics) but otherwise they are who they are and your job is to build a puzzle with the pieces that exist rather than trying to alter the puzzle pieces to finish the puzzle.

Yep good to know. So there is a specific reason why we can ask players to do more or less of every shot type except pull up jumpers. Not suggesting I want robot players but some players are just trash because you cannot impact their bad shots (like real life haha) so good to know there is a reason why the pull up jumper cannot be reduced or increased like others.
Cleasby

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:53 pm

No pull up jumpers would be covered by the "shoot off dribble" choice so you can attempt to increase or reduce them
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Cleasby » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:02 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:No pull up jumpers would be covered by the "shoot off dribble" choice so you can attempt to increase or reduce them

Ok cool makes sense. Thanks for coming back.
Cleasby

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion