Online League Draft Issue

Online League Draft Issue

Postby Phatman » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:21 am

Gary or anyone that knows the answer,

I am currently the commish of an online league. When we get to the offseason with the pre-draft workouts, I am able to check what players I want to scout but I am unable to run the workouts. Whenever I hit advance it just goes back to the pre-draft workouts. When I advance to the draft I can't back out of the draft to look at the players. Is there a way or can there be a way to see the workout results? Am I missing something? Please help.
Phatman

Re: Online League Draft Issue

Postby Phatman » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:15 pm

Nobody has an answer? Gary can we fix this this version of the game?
Phatman

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:21 pm

First, for future refence, the forum is mostly for the community to congregate and communicate with each other. Outside of when we are doing FirstAccess the forum is really not meant to be the first place to go for tech support. The support portal is much better for that because I can be made aware of the tickets. I don't check the forums every day and certainly not multiple times during the day so I know you posted this at 8:21 and were looking for an answer 6 hours later but if you use the ticket system at least we can answer within 24 hours except on weekends sometimes.

viewtopic.php?f=329&t=28589

Now since I happen to be logged on right now I can do my best to answer here. First if you are checking the players to scout I'm guessing you are logged in as a player and not the commissioner - only the commissioner can advance the stages so you would have to switch over to commissioner to advance.

There is no way of backing out of the draft whether in solo or multiplayer mode - results of the workouts would be made known on player cards you would access through the war room although in a multiplayer league the commissioner is the one who runs the draft and inputs the picks so you don't have a method of controlling a player so if you are player/commish then you sort of have to look at things ahead of time as a player and make notes for your own benefit outside the game I guess since you have to act as commissioner to run the draft. In fairness though the other teams would be looking at the same thing as they would have to draft outside of the draft itself whether you are doing it live or having them submit a list or something.

If you want to submit your game files because you cannot run the workouts instructions are under HELP in the game but I don't know how you would have gotten to the draft if you were unable to advance past the workout stage.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Phatman » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:12 pm

I thought about using the tech-support portal, but I don't really see this as a tech support issue. I honestly thought I was doing something wrong. My main question is Can you make my scouts reports available before the draft. I would like to see all the interviews and what my scouts think before I advance to the draft at least for multi=player? I honestly wouldn't care if I was just the commish but since I run a team it puts all the players at a disadvantage or on an even playing field depends on how you see things. I hope I'm getting my point across. Again maybe it's something I'm doing wrong. I'll double check it
Phatman

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:21 am

I only mention the portal if you are looking for a response from me that is the fastest way usually to get one where as on the forum it may be a few days because I'm not necessarily on here every day.

Prior to the draft you should be able to go into your email and there should be an email that has an option to go back to the workouts page prior to the draft and there you would be able to click on players that you worked out and get the results of the workouts.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion