endurance stat

endurance stat

Postby BB Brand » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:08 pm

1) Can you include an "end" column in the "free agency" and "sign free agent" screens?
2) How does the endurance stat influence how long a player plays? Does this stat tie into the "sub out %" combo box at the lower right, the "mp" column on the right, or both? Do your or your head coach's philosophies tie into this stat? If any of these, how? You can set a player to 40 minutes, and I guess if he has low endurance, he'll never reach it. Why?
BB Brand

Re: endurance stat

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Endurance gets recalculated after training camp so its not likely to be terribly useful in free agency but its easy to sort of assume what it will be. It is calculated based on age and weight so if he's either super young and not used to the grind of pro basketball or as he gets older (and more out of shape) the EN will start to come down.

The EN factors directly into how quickly he tires in games. So if you want him to play 40 minutes and has low EN you better set that sub out WAY down and even then he might not reach it. I mean at some point your body just can't do it anymore.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby BB Brand » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:57 pm

If you let the AI handle the depth chart, does it handle the "sub out %" perfectly; that is, does the AI know where to put all players' "sub out %" so they don't tire prematurely, or do the ratings of myself and/or my coaches contribute to a variance from the optimal "sub out %", the lower the ratings, the more the variance?

If the AI doesn't set the "sub out %'s" perfectly, what factors contribute to this imperfection (I sound like the robot, Nomad, in the Star Trek original series episode "The Changeling", haha).

If the AI is imperfect with my team for certain reasons, is it equally imperfect with all other teams it controls for the same reasons?
BB Brand

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:09 pm

The AI will handle the sub out percentages based on the player's skill level, his endurance and the coach's preference for a deep bench vs a shallow one. It will perform the best calculation possible for your team the same as it would for an AI team
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion