AI Trades

AI Trades

Postby bagman428 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:31 pm

Do computer controlled teams make realistic trades with each other?
Are there a few trades or a lot in a particular season made by computer controlled teams?
bagman428

Re: AI Trades

Postby hansmellman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:04 am

I've seen realistic trades and unrealistic trades from the AI to be fair but usually they do a pretty good job of equating asset for asset but i've seen a few where I didnt understand why a certain team made a trade.

They seem to be a fair few trades, much like you see in the real NBA.

Are you experiencing abnormalities in your game for trade logic/frequency?
hansmellman

Postby bagman428 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:13 pm

Just seems like there are too many. Is there a way to lower them?
bagman428

Postby LloydLungs » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:52 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the frequency reduced a little bit. I do think this version has made some nice strides in that area -- I'd prefer a few too many trades over ZERO trades involving first round picks, like it was previously.

Though I'd guess it would be significantly thorny to program, I'm hoping this game progresses towards lottery protected picks, top 3/5 protected picks, etc. Seems like every DDSPB21 season, there are a number of terrible teams who traded away their impending very high 1st round pick to playoff teams. Protected picks are an extremely integral part of modern NBA trades, so I think it's gotta eventually make it into the game even if it's really complicated.
LloydLungs

Postby bagman428 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:03 pm

So there isnt any way to lower them like there is to lower injuries?
bagman428

Postby Cleasby » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:45 am

I think the issue is not too many trades but I often see the AI make deals between them that are drastically worse than what I had offered. For example 1st season Rubio I offered a 3 star young player and a future 1 and he ends up going for expirigns and a 2nd. Stuff like this is just frustrating and can be solved by 2 things:

1. AI has the ability to counter offer or pvoide better feedback to the human GM.
2. The ability to quickly offer players/packages to all league teams rather than clicking through each team one by one. An email(s) could be sent to the user if there are any offers or if there is no interest in that player or package.
Cleasby

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion