Edit .db File | Player Type

Edit .db File | Player Type

Postby dude_man » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:48 am

Hey Gary and WS Team,

Is there a way to edit the player type from the .db file? I'm unable to find anything, but maybe I'm missing something. Let me know if it's possible, thanks!
dude_man

Re: Edit .db File | Player Type

Postby hansmellman » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi mate,

What sort of editing are you looking to do?

The player info is all stored in a database that is accessible through an editor/database viewer compatible with SQL such as DB Viewer or SQLite Studio rather than accessing the .db file
hansmellman

Postby dude_man » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:45 pm

hansmellman wrote:Hi mate,

What sort of editing are you looking to do?

The player info is all stored in a database that is accessible through an editor/database viewer compatible with SQL such as DB Viewer or SQLite Studio rather than accessing the .db file

Honestly for multiple reasons. I think the biggest issue I'm having is to find a roster template essentially to start a Universe League with. Do you know where I could fine one?
dude_man

Postby hansmellman » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:17 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, what do you mean by a roster template and also what do you mean by a universe league?

EDIT - By changing the player type you mean as in a player being a 'bucket getter' or 'glass cleaner' etc? Those are denoted by certain attribute thresholds as far as I am aware and in turn, those attributes are generated by real life performance data from the previous season. So a player type is defined by that particular players real life performance stats.

If you're interested in some info on database editing, here is a link to my post for the updated rosters from the mod section of the forum, someone asks me how I made the changes to the database and I tried to provide a comprehensive overview. Let me know if you have any other questions!

viewtopic.php?f=328&t=34064
hansmellman

Postby dude_man » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:18 pm

hansmellman wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, what do you mean by a roster template and also what do you mean by a universe league?

EDIT - By changing the player type you mean as in a player being a 'bucket getter' or 'glass cleaner' etc? Those are denoted by certain attribute thresholds as far as I am aware and in turn, those attributes are generated by real life performance data from the previous season. So a player type is defined by that particular players real life performance stats.

If you're interested in some info on database editing, here is a link to my post for the updated rosters from the mod section of the forum, someone asks me how I made the changes to the database and I tried to provide a comprehensive overview. Let me know if you have any other questions!

viewtopic.php?f=328&t=34064

Hey! I sent you a message! Thanks for the help!
dude_man

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion