Linking College Game and Logos

Linking College Game and Logos

Postby nuggett » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:41 pm

I have my Pro game linked with the College game.

How do I get the college logos to show up in my pro game.

Thanks.
nuggett

Re: Linking College Game and Logos

Postby nuggett » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Just bumping.

When you link the Pro/College games, does anyone know how to get college logos o show up in the pro game?
nuggett

Postby jlemmen43 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:29 pm

So if you're looking for real world logos, just install the REAL NBA Mod and it should do it. You have to start a new game for it to work though.

If you're looking for custom logos, you have to put all the logos you want in the Graphics/Logos/College Logos folder of your DDSPB game. Then you have to edit the Default database (more specifically the Colleges table within that). Make sure that the logo file is what you want for each college, and when you begin the DDSPB game, it'll have them in there. If a college from your DDSCB game is not listed in the default Colleges table, it will not associate a logo with it and you;ll just get an American flag. If you use the REAL NBA Mod, it should have all the REAL college logos in there automatically. Then when you do the DRAFT preview, you;ll see the logos.

I personally redo all the colleges in my own personal way, so I have custom logos for each team and my teams and nicknames are much different than what the game provides or the Mod provides. So I definitely looked into getting my custom logos and colleges to show in the Pro game. I just tested everything and it seems to work. Let me know if you need any more help.
jlemmen43

Postby nuggett » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot.

I will try that. I am using the REAL World Logos and REAL college logos (not sure if the file name matches up - have to check this).

Will this work once you already have a season started or only when you start a new season?
nuggett

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:25 pm

nuggett wrote:Thanks a lot.

I will try that. I am using the REAL World Logos and REAL college logos (not sure if the file name matches up - have to check this).

Will this work once you already have a season started or only when you start a new season?

I can only speak in relation to my Pro Game Real world mod.....

1) College Logos are included
2) Graphics should update for existing leagues (if you at least installed the mod once before to get the naming convention), but any of the team names, gms, etc. items will only take effect when a new league is created.
Last edited by slybelle1 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby nuggett » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:00 am

The college logos do not show up. The logo name matches the graphic name in the College Logos folder.

How can I post an image to show you?
nuggett

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:08 am

nuggett wrote:The college logos do not show up. The logo name matches the graphic name in the College Logos folder.

How can I post an image to show you?

Where are you trying to see them within the game? The main places are during the draft and in the draft preview magazine as shown below. They are working fine for me using my mod. Are the other graphic files for the pro and development league teams showing correctly throughout the game? If its not working, either the mod not installed correctly and/or you didn't start a new league after correctly installing the mod. You do have to create a new season after its installed because the mod uses specific naming conventions. However, you could replace my mod graphics at any point and the new graphics would show up within your active season. That is what I meant in my previous post. To post screenshots in the forum, you need to use some file hosting site such as Imgur and then link to the screenshots.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby nuggett » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:20 am

All other logos are working fine (Pro and Development).

Can't see the Draft Preview yet.

Where I do not see the logo, is when I am looking at the College Standings with my linked league.

I attached an image to show you.

nuggett

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:30 am

nuggett wrote:All other logos are working fine (Pro and Development).

Can't see the Draft Preview yet.

Where I do not see the logo, is when I am looking at the College Standings with my linked league.

I attached an image to show you.

Gotcha, I don't know much about how linked leagues work since I don't use them, so can't really test it out. Maybe there is an issue specifically with linked leagues, not sure. And when linked, not sure whether that screen would use the logos from the pro or college game.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby nuggett » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:53 am

Would be nice to the the College logos there, but really not a big deal.

I'll check for the logos when i can preview the Draft.

Thanks a lot.
nuggett

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 General Discussion