Launch problems

Launch problems

Postby nickyt » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:55 am

Have had continuing problems with the game. It wont open and when I try again, it says it is already running even though it is not open. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice before to fix the problem. Really don't want to start over a third time. If I have to start over every week, I could've just played the demo. The developers told me to reboot or turn off my virus protection. Neither worked and I haven't heard back with a fix as of yet(I understand people are busy). I don't have this problem with any other game. It's frustrating to add and modify hundreds of players and have to constantly uninstall and redo everything again. Have purchased 5 wolverine games since September but this problem has made me not buy cbb21. My cbb20 works great and I don't want to risk this frustration with the new version. Has anyone else experienced this problem and know a fix?
nickyt

Re: Launch problems

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:17 pm

Every time I get a report and find a fix that works for someone experiencing some of these issues I add it to our troubleshooting doc. https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... not-launch

Most of the time it has been due to antivirus or firewalls blocking the game from calling out. Having the latest windows updates helps... making sure the installer that was downloaded is not blocked helps prior to running the install... running as admin helps... clearing those settings from AppSettings helps.

Remember to add Documents\Wolverine Studios to your exceptions list, as well as the c:\program files\wolverine studios folders as well for the game you're running (or wherever you have it installed....)

The other option is to uninstall the game, and possibly switch to the steam version and see if doing it that way improves things.
brooks_piggott

Postby MattP598 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Hit the windows button if you have the game in fullscreen then hover your mouse over the game icon at the bottom of the screen on your taskbar and see if there are two screens open
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Postby nickyt » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:26 pm

Thanks for trying to help Matt. When I hover, it will show 2: however, they are blank. Just a black box. When working properly it shows a small version of what is on the screen.
nickyt

Postby MattP598 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 pm

nickyt wrote:Thanks for trying to help Matt. When I hover, it will show 2: however, they are blank. Just a black box. When working properly it shows a small version of what is on the screen.

Hmm, what can of display are you using? Is it a monitor or something like a 4k TV? Could be a scaling issue
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Postby Werewolftwentyone » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:56 pm

I have encountered the same problem as of late. I checked my firewall settings and Draft Day Sports is an allowed program, yet when I click on DDSPF22 it tells me the game is already running? I have also uninstalled and reinstalled twice, yet my taskbar DDSPF22 icon shows a black thumbnail?

If I want to try Steam, do I have to purchase the game again through Steam even though I already own DDSPF22?
Werewolftwentyone

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:12 pm

https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... leshooting

This link has some items to try... we've added 13, 14, 15 somewhat recently.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion