Please Revamp Coaching

Please Revamp Coaching

Postby stiets1118 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:23 pm

Its frustrating going into each season needing to find another offensive or defensive coach, and get both under the 10.5 million budget with my own salary. Yes I know coaches come and go IRL, but I barely in 8 seasons have had the same coordinator in successive years. If coaches truly do have a bearing on the game, revamp it so its more realistic. Expand the staff out to position coaches. Maybe its me but I feel I cannot progress realistically with the constant change. Just my 2 cents
stiets1118

Re: Please Revamp Coaching

Postby arodtwlv » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:02 pm

I think it's a combo of they're trying to gamefy how coaching carousels work and that sounds incredibly difficult and balancing how IRL works.

From long term sims (50-150 yrs) few things I've noticed is
- If you're school is high prestige, your cords will almost never leave...but not so much prestige of school I think, but because of another mechanic I found that gets itself in trouble...
- Coordinators will sometimes become way too high prestige whereas if you're school is top say 10 ranked prestige, they don't leave for other schools cuz they don't deem the change worth it which leads to lots of times 30 years in I have 100 prestige HC, OC, and DC whereas IRL those assistants will at some point (except for Clemson) have ambition kick in (FM stat) and 1) if ur 100 prestige coord IRL any darn school will want to hire you except for maybe 5 or 2) at min you're getting a HC gig at lower end of P5 worst case.
- Haven't checked in final build, but as of build #7 coaches would have prestige that would go over 100 (saw some in 200s if coached for 40 years). Deff can see this messing up how cpu interacts with them.
- long term prestige's for schools compress (think bottom goes from 35 to like 45 whereas top end goes from 90s to 85s so if logic is coded to hard #s instead of tiered say percentile's then I can see logic systems failing here
- For lower prestige teams I have yet to run on final build, so don't have many notes on that yet.

few fixes or notes I had were:
- Have generated coordinators come in lower prestige (avg gen was like 60 already) and have them come younger age (avg gen was like...50-60 yrs/old).
- Some sort of ambition or logic where if is a coordinator for so long and team has had sustained success, then kick them to another team (can be conservative like a Clemson situation and be like okay they love their coord job stay for 10 years, but at some point have a hard cut off where they leave (assuming once again continued success)).

more wishlisty
- Have staff signing results every week table be sortable
- Not fan of signing extension at start of Staff signing 1 and then coach leaving right away, don't think there is a "staff rejects offer" mechanic yet so it makes sense, but from immersion perspective annoying scrambling to fill staff a week later after thinking you had a "commitment" from your coach (even if only 1 year)
arodtwlv

Re: Please Revamp Coaching

Postby ksbass » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:45 am

Resurrecting this thread to point out that budgets don't really matter. You can go over. Way over, if you check AI managed schools. I am in 2031 in my current game and Stanford is spending 19.5 million on coaches with a budget of 14.0 miilion, Alabama 17.9 million. Unless this was changed in the new version, which I have not downloaded yet because of the prior complaints of button issues in recruiting.
ksbass

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion