How's career progression?

How's career progression?

Postby eel1987 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:14 am

When I first found DDSCF the one thing that was missing was the possibility of starting at a lower school and working your way up to bigger and bigger over time. I believe something like that is in the game now, but I didn't buy last year so I'm wondering how well it works.

Also, when creating a coach in career mode do I still have the ability to arbitrarily set my own stats, so I could max myself out on everything if I want? That always seemed weird.
eel1987

Re: How's career progression?

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:20 am

1) Yes, it's still in the game. basically at the end of the season your coach may receive offers from other schools based on your season performance. I haven't studied it enough to know how realistic the offers are based on your performance.
2) yes, you can customize your coach. But if you don't want to do that, certainly can go with the default values...changing them is optional.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby eel1987 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:44 am

There are defaults? I don't remember that from past games. Just an unlimited ability to increase or decrease stats to the max/min, which seemed kinda chesty.
eel1987

Postby AKH » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:01 am

When it loads it randomizes the values using the logic for AI coaches. I believe we put in a button to re-roll (run the logic again and get a new set of ratings).

We left the ability to edit in there, since someone is likely to want that. We could have made users actively enable that possility ('enable cheating' or 'enable editing'), but that seemed to just add clicks for the users who would want to edit.

So if you think its cheesy to custom them, dont do it. If you dont want to custom them but dont like the roll you got, re-roll them, if you want to bite the bullet and take the challenge, play with the ratings it made the first time.
AKH

Postby eel1987 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:09 pm

Seems like a decent system then. I'll take the demo for a spin this week.
eel1987

Postby eel1987 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Downloaded the demo and I'm a little confused. The web page for the game says the player takes over a team as head coach, but when I look at my staff I'm not the head coach. Am I the athletic director or?
eel1987

Postby KingNeb » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:27 am

Maybe you have to hire yourself as head coach? I see my name and my created person as the head coach.

Question about career progression. I set the attributes of my coach when I created him. Does he "level up" as he gets better? The question is does he gain skill points that I can allocate to different areas?

If this doesn't exist is there a way I can do it manually to simulate getting better as a coach?

Thank you!
KingNeb

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:30 am

You can edit your coach if you want to change their points.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion