Player Skill Rating

Player Skill Rating

Postby BigDPW » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:54 am

What exactly does the player skill rating do and how should I use it while determining who starts/etc.

I get that it represents their skill at their position so a higher rating would mean they are simply better at doing their job but how should I consider this when comparing players.

Is there a good summary statement about what this rating does or represents?

One example is I have a group of 4 QBS on my team with a newly created save. All are seniors? (I get that weird things happen with new saves) When you look at their skill ratings they are...

https://imgur.com/dAvBLFd

Seems odd that 4 Senior QBS would end up with max of 33 skill... Not sure how to interpret this rating.

I have read the guides on the forum that AKH posted in the 2020 forum but is there any other descriptions of these ratings to review.
BigDPW

Re: Player Skill Rating

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:16 pm

If you click on their player cards you can see their current skill ratings for different positions. But yea, something seems off... seniors should be a lot higher on the skill rating than that unless you just got unbelievably bad rolls. I'll check into it.
brooks_piggott

Postby BigDPW » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:21 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If you click on their player cards you can see their current skill ratings for different positions. But yea, something seems off... seniors should be a lot higher on the skill rating than that unless you just got unbelievably bad rolls. I'll check into it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

How should I interpret the skill rating?

How does it affect their play?

How does it develop?

Does playing someone at a different position affect the skill ratings development (eg. Center at Guard or CB at Safety)?

Should there be more overlap on OL and DL ability or skill at other positions?
BigDPW

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:34 pm

Skill is how good they are at the nuances of the position, so yes it matters. It goes up based on training during the season and off-season. Play during the season trains up the position he's playing, so other skills may suffer. (Playing a WR at RB may increase RB skills, but may have WR skills go down)

fixed the initial seed ratings so you should see higher ratings and more secondary skills getting points in the next patch
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion