"Quality of life" suggestions

"Quality of life" suggestions

Postby KingNeb » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:10 am

I've gotten some solid playing time with the game since First Access & wanted to give some feedback. Really enjoying the game so far. Several suggestions below are "quality of life" improvements and probably would be easier to implement than other suggestions which I'm sure are more involved. This is feedback mostly from the final builds of first access & the first build of full release so apologies if something has been fixed. I know it's a long list but I wanted everything in one post. Enjoying the game so far!

1)Is there a place that has power rankings for the conferences? It would be helpful through the years to see which conferences are moving up and down.

2)Have an option to filter by conference on power ranking page & team info page.

3)Can we have the season awards ceremony for each conference?

4)Opponent scouting E-mail should list the opponent’s record & conference record.

5)I wish more screens had the player’s year on it (FR/SO/JR/SR). The stats page, depth chart, training page, league leaders are all missing this.

6)I like to move through my games rather quickly but right now my options are limited to sim game or watch the game which takes quite a bit of time. I’d like for there to be some middle ground. Maybe have the option in the “play game” menu where you can skip ahead in the game either by minutes or a quarter? It would also be nice if there was a checkbox in the play/sim where I could hide the result & team’s records after quick simming a game so I could at least watch the game or highlights without already knowing the outcome.

7)When I click the dropdown menu on the left of the screen that lists all the different schools I would like it if my school was listed first. It would save a lot of scrolling.

8)Tied to that it would be nice if the system remember my settings on the “play/sim” screen. I want to see my conference by default and every time I leave the screen it resets to “all games.” Also, any thought on including conference records on the play/sim screen? Something like: Ohio State (7-0, 4-0)

9)Redshirted players are angry for not seeing the field. Is this a design decision or a bug?

10)When offered a new job it would be nice to explore the teams before making a decision. Currently it only lists the teams and it doesn’t list any important things like their prestige, most recent record or recruiting class rank.

11)When releasing a player it would be nice to have a confirmation screen before it’s processed. I’ve yet to accidentally hit it but I can see how it could easily happen when processing redshirts.

12)So many screens reset the sorting when you go into a player card or perform an action. I like to sort by overall rating and when I release a player or redshirt a player it changes the sorting & I have to sort again. It’s also very frustrating when recruiting and if I filter a list of players or change positions it resets the sort. The only workaround I’ve found is to double click the sort every time I change positions which is a lot of extra clicking.

13)I really would like to have recruiting buttons on the player card. It doesn’t have to be everything but even something like “add target” would make the initial narrowing of the field much easier. When researching recruits for the first time I have to find a player who I want by looking at their early assessments on the player card, exit the player card, find them on the list and perform the action I want. It looks like there’s space on the top right of the player card where this could be added. I’d like to have all recruiting options listed there but solely adding an “add target” button would be huge for me.

14)I would also like one of the summary screens on the main recruiting screen to list all of the five initial scout grades. I don't see it anywhere in the game itself or when I export recruit lists. This would be very helpful when deciding what recruits to focus on.

15)Can the talking points be auto assigned to 1 point each by default? Unless I'm misreading it looks like the system doesn't assign any points unless I click the button. That is a lot of startup clicking when initially recruiting players.

16)Is there a way to automatically create an "ideal" depth chart? It would be great when starting a season to click one button to automatically build a depth chart & tweak it instead of having to put every player in place.

Thank you & good luck!
KingNeb

Re: "Quality of life" suggestions

Postby arodtwlv » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:09 pm

16) Is in there: under "depth" and look for green button that says "set" (can pick which coach picks it). Tweak from there.

7) Agree, could have simple logic that has any non-cpu controlled teams show up at top (with symbol or slightly diff shading/box outline etc to distinguish even further)

12) Amen

13) see 12) and x 5 of those. For sure at least add target and honestly that's all I'd need

14) talked about in another thread "A change from the First Access in the last iteration", but that's a good idea

1) would be nice, but think is too much data handling atm for them and deff low priority

2) easier task and would be nice, but still some work most likely

3) same as 2) but deff more work and more data handling so can see being low priority

5) yup agreed

10) also agreed or at least let us leave screen to look at schools first and go back to some screen (could be done via email) to decide offer later

11) yup
arodtwlv

Postby BigDPW » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:06 pm

I like all of these suggestions above!

One of my own to add - the ability to click on name of players or teams on the news screens (or any screen) to link to their profile cards. When I look at those screens that list players committed, standout performances, etc it would be nice to be able to jump right to the player card or the team if I wanted.
BigDPW

Postby JWW » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Ability to remove from target list. As far as I can see there is no way to do that. If there is, someone please let me know.
JWW

Postby tanqtonic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Present emails in a strict time order. In my runs, some emails get sent to the bottom of the pile, some towards the top. Makes life confusing
tanqtonic

Postby BigDPW » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:45 pm

tanqtonic wrote:Present emails in a strict time order. In my runs, some emails get sent to the bottom of the pile, some towards the top. Makes life confusing

Agreed!
BigDPW

Postby eel1987 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 pm

The ability to un-target recruits would be very helpful.
eel1987

Postby tanqtonic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:19 pm

On transfers coming in ---

a) when I recruit them, I have to make a list on the outside and compare it to my roster or my signing day summary to see which ones are successful.
b) when transfer recruiting is on autopilot, I have to compare the incoming to a previously save list of recruits.

Either way, when the singing day happens, there is no 'list of anything' in the recruiting section.

Could you send a generated email to tell us specifically which transfers came to us? That is, not the transfers buried in the long list of signings. It is getting highly repetitive to see which ones I was successful with and, to be honest, a lot of clicking and comparing. This is a basic piece of information that would be wonderful to have by itself, as opposed to all the work that is seeming forced on us to determine which recruits came in.

Something like you do in 'Week 10 recruiting news' where you ell us which targets in fact committed. But limited to week 1 transfer recruits. This is something that would be nice to have in one clean step or alert as opposed to the hunting and foraging that one must do in order to figure it out.
tanqtonic

Postby eel1987 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:10 pm

One other small thing that would reduce clicks: when I click standings, make it go to my conference by default. If I'm Georgia State I don't care what the ACC standings are.
eel1987

Postby eel1987 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:03 pm

One more I thought of: On the recruiting screen, when I switch from Summary to Action or another view, keep it on the same page. If I scroll in Summary to page 7 looking for players with no offers because I'm a crappy school that can't compete with anyone, then I switch to Action to scout the player, I have to scroll back to page 7 again.

I think the biggest problem with the game in general is that the UI requires so many clicks. Reducing those would be helpful.

Also automatically adding players to my target list if I scout them is annoying. I'm trying to scout a lot of players so when I inevitably start losing targets I have a pool to draw replacements from, but scouting doesn't necessarily mean I'm targeting them.
eel1987

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion