Recruiting points bugged?

Recruiting points bugged?

Postby KingNeb » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:59 pm

Starting my third season with the most updated Steam version (5.0.0) & I'm entering week 2 of 2023. I targeted players to recruit in week 1 with recruiting points. In week 2 I want to reallocate some of these points. When I deduct the points from existing recruits the points don't get returned back to my available recruiting points.

What I mean is that I have a guy with no interest in my school and my only two options are to keep giving him recruiting points every week or take those points away without the ability to give them to another potential recruit.

Am I missing something obvious here? This seems like a bug.

As a point of reference I've tried reloading my original save as well as restarting the game/Steam & creating a new save prior to resimming the week.

Is this as intended or is this a known issue that will be resolved?

Thank you.
KingNeb

Re: Recruiting points bugged?

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:31 pm

The static number you see is the points invested in previous weeks. If you change the dropdown to zero you won't be spending any additional, but the ones you spent before are locked in until the recruit commits somewhere.
brooks_piggott

Postby KingNeb » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:23 pm

To clarify: if I give 10 points to a recruit before week 1 then he will have 10 points committed to him every week until he signs somewhere. Reducing the number to zero doesn't give me any additional recruiting points to use on other players.

Is that correct?

If this is the case then would it be advantageous to not use any recruiting points in the first week until I get an idea of recruit's interest levels? It seems like a pretty big waste to commit 5-10% of my total recruiting points for the season to someone who ends up with zero interest in my school.

Thank you.
KingNeb

Postby KingNeb » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:32 pm

A recruiting guide says:

The game will carry over assigned points, so you do not get new points after each sim, but are free to re-allocate points to other recruits.

Messed with my issue some more. In week 2 I can reallocate recruiting points but regardless of which player I choose I am unable to reallocate the first 7 points. They are lost.

Example: I have a player with 10 recruiting points spent on week 1. I remove all 10 points & make it say "0/10" but I am only given 3 recruiting points to reallocate. I've tried it with multiple recruits with different amounts of points and I never get credit for the first 7 points.

Is this working as designed or is it a bug?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but to me it seems like I should get all the points back to reallocate? Again, not looking for a refund on the points spent in week 1 recruiting in this example. Rather (in this example) being able to reallocate the ten points to another recruit in week 2.

Thanks.
KingNeb

Postby tanqtonic » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Perhaps related, but in the same function:

Many times I click on the '+' or '-' button in the recruit points action with zero response.

When I deallocate recruiting points, many times when I press '-' with zero result. When that happens, if I have unallocated points, I press '+' to allocate, and once it 'rolls up', only then does the decrement button actually seem to be able to decrement. If I dont have any unallocated recruit points, I have to try numerous ones to get a deallocate to work --- and then I go do the allocate to unfreeze the action.

On more than one occasion I have had an allocation button push result in the loss of multiple recruit points -- that is pressing the '+' makes the counter jump from 5 to 2. I figure the callback is just registering a whole slew of actions all at once.
Last edited by tanqtonic on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanqtonic

Postby tmcarlson8 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:19 pm

I have a question.. I don't understand how to manually do things on the recruiting page like invite players to a game, visit their home, phone calls, officer them scholarships ect... where is that option??
tmcarlson8

Postby KingSancho1985 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:16 am

tmcarlson8 wrote:I have a question.. I don't understand how to manually do things on the recruiting page like invite players to a game, visit their home, phone calls, officer them scholarships ect... where is that option??

On recruiting main page on drop down tabs below, on second or third tab you need to select 'actions' and that is where you can scout, recruit, and do visits. Not around my pc or I'd give you better instructions on where its located
KingSancho1985

Postby MattP598 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:13 am

KingNeb wrote:To clarify: if I give 10 points to a recruit before week 1 then he will have 10 points committed to him every week until he signs somewhere. Reducing the number to zero doesn't give me any additional recruiting points to use on other players.

Is that correct?

If this is the case then would it be advantageous to not use any recruiting points in the first week until I get an idea of recruit's interest levels? It seems like a pretty big waste to commit 5-10% of my total recruiting points for the season to someone who ends up with zero interest in my school.

Thank you.

Unless this is a new feature or something then it would be a bug. The game carries over the points you put into a recruit and leaves it allocated to the recruit, however, if you want to take those points away from that recruit and assign them to a different recruit you can. Or in previous versions of the game you could anyway. The only way the points became locked in and unable to be reused is if that recruit commits to your team. I hope that is the way it still is or else you could run out of points and not have any recruits committed in a worse case scenario.
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Postby KingNeb » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 am

Things seem to be working as I am halfway through that season now. It was weeks 1 and 2 where I ended up permanently losing 7 recruiting points for the season as reallocating made me lose 7 points. I think it happened in previous seasons too. I will do more testing at the start of next season.
KingNeb

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion