Do I need 100% interest to land a recruit?

Do I need 100% interest to land a recruit?

Postby KingSancho1985 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:38 am

Made post few days ago about not getting any recruits by week 5, wasn't too concerned then since early just wanted to make sure I wasn't setting myself up for failure. It's now week 9, 215 recruits have signed and I'm still sitting at 0 with Ohio St, despite having most my targets 90%+ interest for several weeks now. Starting to lose targets and feel going to be too late into season to start grabbing good players that I haven't recruited yet. Did I screw up by offering them all scholarships in week 1 or what am I doing wrong?
KingSancho1985

Re: Do I need 100% interest to land a recruit?

Postby KingNeb » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:26 am

I can only speak from my experience with smaller schools (Akron and now Northwestern) but I get a ton of signings late in the season.

Check your contemporaries (Alabama, Clemson, etc) & see how many signees they have.

Someone with more experience can chime in about the higher rated teams.
KingNeb

Re: Do I need 100% interest to land a recruit?

Postby arodtwlv » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:29 pm

KingSancho1985 wrote:Made post few days ago about not getting any recruits by week 5, wasn't too concerned then since early just wanted to make sure I wasn't setting myself up for failure. It's now week 9, 215 recruits have signed and I'm still sitting at 0 with Ohio St, despite having most my targets 90%+ interest for several weeks now. Starting to lose targets and feel going to be too late into season to start grabbing good players that I haven't recruited yet. Did I screw up by offering them all scholarships in week 1 or what am I doing wrong?

What's your balance of stars (as in how many 5, 4, 3, etc) stars are you targetting?

How many have multiple teams after them? How many are within say 300 miles of you?

Ran quick 1 year sim:

Most commits happen weeks 15 through NSD (about 350+ / week). 2nd cluster of commiting happens weeks 10-14 (175ish / week). Where you are in your save, only about 10-20% of commits will have happened by then. Note tho that 5 stars and 4 stars do commit earlier and are clustered around weeks 7-15. 3 stars cluster 11-17 and 2 stars 17-19 (Bowl week thru NSD) and 1 stars pretty much 80% of them on NSD. 50% of all recruits commit after week 15 pretty much.

I don't worry on timing, more so on who I'm competing against since guys will commit with even 20 interest (if you're the only guy going after him). Check viewtopic.php?f=332&t=33577 for some more quick info.

Just some quick notes, another time will try to give better info.
arodtwlv

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion