Looking for Team Advice

Looking for Team Advice

Postby cruzacsvoice » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:47 pm

Greetings!

I love playing NCAA titles such as this, partially for the recruiting factor and the washing of players, but also for the coaching carousel type situation. So far, I'm loving CFB 2021, however I've run into an issue. I don't know enough about other teams!

I started off my coaching career, as a guy with no experience, taking over the previous 0-10 Louisiana Monroe Warhawks. After installing a new Offense and Defensive playbook, and suffering a crippling QB injury week 1, we managed a respectable 6-6 regular season record, earning us a Cure Bowl Bid. Although we were destroyed by #21 Texas, it was great experience for a first year coach. Then, the unexpected happened..... I was offered 2 head coaching positions, and thus enters my quandary.

I've been offered HC positions with both the Old Dominion Monarchs, and UTEP Miners. However, I don't know enough about CFB to know if either of these teams would be a significant enough upgrade, to take the job -- Or if they are such a lateral move, that I should stay put, and see if I can find 2 more wins and contend for a conference championship.

Your thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
cruzacsvoice

Re: Looking for Team Advice

Postby KingNeb » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm

If you feel like you have momentum with your current program I would try to hold put for a power 5 school.

You can check the team info to see current prestige and overall rating of the rosters for those teams. For me I would prefer building up a smaller program if I feel like my recruiting was good.

If you are set on taking a job I would guess UTEP is better. Good luck!
KingNeb

Postby cruzacsvoice » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:22 am

Unfortunately, once you are given the job offers available to you, there is no option to view their program or any information about them -- if so, I couldn't figure out how to do so.
cruzacsvoice

Postby KingNeb » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:28 am

Yeah I always save the game right before this point so I can research the teams before deciding. Didn't realize it the first season but I wasn't offered a P5 school so I would have waited anyway.
KingNeb

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion