Why so many clicks for scouting?

Why so many clicks for scouting?

Postby JWW » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:01 pm

I was wondering about the rationale for giving so many scouting points and requiring 20 clicks for full scouting. It seems sometimes to become a scouting clickfest. I would think just halving the whole thing would improve that. 10 clicks for full scouting. Double the effect of each click. Halve the number of scouting points you get. I don't see how that would change things much. Or just have a hot key to designate 5 points at a time, like control click or something. But back to my questions. What it the rationale for the current scouting point system, and would it effect things if it were streamlined some?
JWW

Re: Why so many clicks for scouting?

Postby JWW » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:13 pm

I asked this some time ago, never got an answer, and am still curious. Scouting seems to be a click fest to me sometimes. Just wondering about the rationale for so many scouting points and maybe what I'm missing about it so I can use it better.
JWW

Postby AKH » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:38 pm

yeah we used to have a dropdown in the 20 version, which means it wasnt as big a problem with the clicks. We can look into how to make it less clicky - probably an option to set how much each click increments would do the trick.
AKH

Postby JWW » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:43 pm

Even something simple like right click equals 5 points -- of course that may not be easy to code -- would be helpful. Or an added button for 5 points. Something like that. Thanks for the reply.
JWW

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:08 pm

yea, we can probably go back to drop downs for it... i think i put the buttons in because it was easier to fit in the form and see what you were supposed to do but it's definitely more clicks.

Reducing the number of points would be an option, but we have a spread we like between top teams and bottom teams... reducing the spread would affect the advantages top prestige teams have over low prestige teams and cause all sorts of balance issues.
brooks_piggott

Postby eel1987 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:09 pm

Is it not possible to just use a drop down menu or a box we can type the number of points into?
eel1987

Postby JWW » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:yea, we can probably go back to drop downs for it... i think i put the buttons in because it was easier to fit in the form and see what you were supposed to do but it's definitely more clicks.

Reducing the number of points would be an option, but we have a spread we like between top teams and bottom teams... reducing the spread would affect the advantages top prestige teams have over low prestige teams and cause all sorts of balance issues.

Thanks for the response and explanation. I've only played one team in this game and had not even considered that different teams had different amounts of scouting points. But fewer clicks would be appreciated. Great game.
JWW

Postby schlick7 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:02 am

Could you try some type of "Hold" to get to max or min. So you just hold the up or down arrow and it skips to it
schlick7

Postby JWW » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:31 pm

Wondering if any more thought has been given to ways to reduce the amount of clicks in scouting. To me that is the most tedious part of the game. I've found that I enjoy recruiting as much as simming games. I don't play the games out and usually don't in any sports management game I play, including OOTP Baseball, DDSCB, etc. But the clicks are just very tedious if you choose to use them all each week. Even if it is something like right click or an extra button for 5 points or for max points. Great game.
JWW

Postby AKH » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:10 pm

CTRL+click for 5 points was added in the last patch :)
AKH

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion