Recruiting advice

Recruiting advice

Postby soulsaver » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:17 pm

I've tried to find the answer on here and in the guides but have had no luck finding the answer to what I want. So apologies if its out there, if it is please direct me to it if you can.

If I want to choose the targets to recruit but them let the CPU take over what options do I delegate? I've picked targets and then set all options to delegate but when going back to check the progress there are always more targets than I selected.

In essence I just want to pick who the targets are and the CPU to focus on them rather than targeting additional players. Is this possible, if so how.

Hope that makes sense!
soulsaver

Re: Recruiting advice

Postby JWW » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:23 pm

Frankly, a detailed strategy guide on recruiting, which I have yet to see despite a lot of looking, would be really helpful to new players. I've now played 10 seasons. Played 9 seasons and then started a new game after figuring out a lot of things that helped me about recruiting. But I'm still a newbie. As some have noted, recruiting is a game within the game. In fact it may be the major part of the game. So a recruiting guide that actually gives advice on setting up a recruiting system would be very helpful. Things like when transfers become available and how to go about trying to get one. I had to figure that out on my own.
JWW

Postby arodtwlv » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:39 pm

soulsaver wrote:If I want to choose the targets to recruit but them let the CPU take over what options do I delegate? I've picked targets and then set all options to delegate but when going back to check the progress there are always more targets than I selected.

In essence I just want to pick who the targets are and the CPU to focus on them rather than targeting additional players. Is this possible, if so how.

From what I understand you can only do half of this (which i'll sometimes do in my long-term sims). I'll add players before season, turn recruiting on delegate (all of them), but the cpu will add players to your board either way. Best I can manage is to remove the players they add (by turning back off recruiting switch (top button) to move recruit points to 0, revoke scholarship, and then make them hidden, and finally turn auto recruit back on. Most of the time the cpu will stop recruiting that guy (players don't like having scholly's revoked), but not always and that's a pain and not much I can do.

The 2nd way I use cpu is semi automated, where I have scouting and outreach on cpu, but keep recruiting to manual, and assessing points (usually 10 if fully targeting or 1 if backburner target). That way I only do 1 of 3 things and the 1 thing doesn't change too much if I set up pre-season well. Would love to have option where you can delegate everything, but tell the CPU not to add (or remove, but don't think they do) targets.

Linking previous thread where I talk briefly about how I set it up (I think JWW was in it though) along with 2 links to older recruiting guides (inside linked thread at end of this paragraph). One day I'd like to tighten up my process and post it, but it is fairly basic to be honest and I've explained the main jist before. viewtopic.php?f=332&t=33577

Transfers, no idea pretty much toss up and don't particularly care for them so don't know that side well yet. Transfers become available only for one week and that's signing day. You can filter for just transfers, but annoyingly I don't think you can't filter for just HS players on signing day. Have to have points left over (don't re-set I don't think) for NSD so keep that in mind too.

As mentioned in the thread linked 2 paragraphs above, still don't have tight grip on scouting yet to be much help yet. Did have system before final version, but that's changed now.
arodtwlv

Postby JWW » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:19 pm

arodtwlv, Yes, your recruiting system advice was the single most helpful thing I've read about recruiting in this game.

https://www.wolverinestudios.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=332&t=33577
JWW

Postby soulsaver » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:38 pm

Thanks for the responses, I will have a good read of it. Shame that it wont work the way I wanted, oh well.
soulsaver

Postby AKH » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:42 am

stickied this.

All you veteran users, feel free to chime in, to help newcomers.
AKH

Postby AKH » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:41 am

AKH

Postby keythvance » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:19 am

I love this game! Please keep the conversation going!!!
keythvance

Postby AKH » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:17 am

I have made a recruiting tutorial, it is currently in editing/postproduction, but will be posted oon-ish.
AKH

Postby keythvance » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:22 am

I will be waiting. I took Fresno State to the #16 recruiting class thus far. (12-0) currently... waiting till tomorrow to coach the conf championship game against boise. Now I am looking for a diamond in the rough as the highest rated recruits are mostly 3stars. And I have 5 scholarships left, I wonder if 2 stars can become excellent players. Maybe your guide will give us the answer to that question! (Off topic) In coach mode can I switch conferences if my team becomes a national powerhouse?
keythvance

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion