Recruiting Exploit

Recruiting Exploit

Postby ronco40 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:32 pm

After testing out multiple seasons, I noticed that if you wait until the end of the season, there are many players (mostly QB's) with no offers. For example, I am playing as Maryland. At the very end of recruiting, I still had a scholarship, so I searched by "all". There was a 4* QB from Alabama (overall rank = 50) that had no offers. I offered him and he ended up signing and is now my starter.
ronco40

Re: Recruiting Exploit

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:50 pm

Schools recruit based on need, so if most of the other top schools have enough QB already they won't recruit another one. Some of the top players slip through the cracks due to other schools not even trying to recruit a top 50 player assuming all of the big schools will snap them up.
brooks_piggott

Postby Vegas Vic » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:24 pm

ronco40 wrote:After testing out multiple seasons, I noticed that if you wait until the end of the season, there are many players (mostly QB's) with no offers. For example, I am playing as Maryland. At the very end of recruiting, I still had a scholarship, so I searched by "all". There was a 4* QB from Alabama (overall rank = 50) that had no offers. I offered him and he ended up signing and is now my starter.

I impose house rules on myself to avoid taking advantage of this. If you want to make the game more challenging, you might want to do the same.
Vegas Vic

Postby JWW » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Speaking of transfers, they appear to have to sit out a year. I am playing a career as UL Monroe and need all the recruiting help I can get. I picked up two 4 star transfers but they are not on my depth chart. I did some research and found a discussion on this in an earlier version of the game saying they sit out a year. But they are not marked in any way on the roster. in College Basketball 21, transfers get an "injury" marker on the roster for the entire season. I think there should be a similar marker on the roster for transfers that have to sit out. Which leads me to a final question. Do all transfers have to sit a year in College Football 21? Just making sure I don't have a glitch in my current game.
JWW

Postby eel1987 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:09 pm

JWW wrote:Speaking of transfers, they appear to have to sit out a year. I am playing a career as UL Monroe and need all the recruiting help I can get. I picked up two 4 star transfers but they are not on my depth chart. I did some research and found a discussion on this in an earlier version of the game saying they sit out a year. But they are not marked in any way on the roster. in College Basketball 21, transfers get an "injury" marker on the roster for the entire season. I think there should be a similar marker on the roster for transfers that have to sit out. Which leads me to a final question. Do all transfers have to sit a year in College Football 21? Just making sure I don't have a glitch in my current game.

I think that's an NCAA rule. Anyone that transfers is basically a redshirt for their first year with the new team. I noticed the same issue of no way to tell if a player is sitting out though. Maybe designating them as a redshirt, or creating a new "transfer redshirt" category would be good.
eel1987

Postby JWW » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Here is the source of my confusion. The NCAA has been talking for nearly a year about a one-time transfer exception where players would not have to sit out. I tracked it down and it will now be voted on in April after the vote being delayed several times. Everyone keeps saying it is going to pass, but then the NCAA keeps delaying the vote. https://www.si.com/college/2021/02/02/college-football-recruiting-transfer-portal-covid But with players sitting out a year if they transfer in the game, they need to be marked on the roster like redshirts are.
JWW

Postby ronco40 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:00 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Schools recruit based on need, so if most of the other top schools have enough QB already they won't recruit another one. Some of the top players slip through the cracks due to other schools not even trying to recruit a top 50 player assuming all of the big schools will snap them up.

Ok, but the following year, I got the #1 QB recruit (who was five stars). There is no situation under which he wouldn't be offered by anyone except Maryland.
ronco40

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion