Spending Points for Scouting and Recruiting

Spending Points for Scouting and Recruiting

Postby JessGamer » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:07 pm

Hello,

I apologize if this is addressed somewhere and I missed it, but after a "test" season where the school board was disgusted with my recruiting efforts. I figured I would go to the experts (you guys) for some help.

I have figured out the Outreach points. But I am really confused by the allocation of Recruiting and Scouting points. I understand that an interview costs 5 scouting points, but after that, I am confused. The "Refresh" that appears on the "Scouting" option I assume means that Scouting is in progress, correct?

When it says "0/0" can I apply any points to it? Say like 10, so it reads "10/0"? Does it help to do this?

Also, why am I limited to a maximum of points that I can apply for Recruiting? When it says "0/95" I can only apply 20 points to it, is 20 the maximum?

Lastly, do the Outreach Points ever increase over the course of the season?

Thanks so much!
I have to say, I really enjoy this game and I am sure that I will spend the next month, at least, trying to figure it out.
JessGamer

Re: Spending Points for Scouting and Recruiting

Postby schlick7 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:47 am

You can give a max of 20 points to each player. The first number in 10/25 would mean you are giving them 10 points this week. The 25 is the total that has been spent on them in past weeks.

I think recruiting is calculated at the end of the week - Saturday.

Outreach points I'm pretty sure are based on your coaches abilities. Might have something to do with team prestige? I've mostly been playing the college basketball game and can't remember.
schlick7

Re: Spending Points for Scouting and Recruiting

Postby JessGamer » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:47 pm

Thank so much, that makes perfect sense! Hopefully I can do a better job with recruiting since my first endeavor was such a dismal failure.

I really appreciate it.
JessGamer

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion